Xerox Expands ConnectKey Suite with SalesForce, QuickBooks, and More Apps
On October 10th, Xerox introduced new ConnectKey apps for copier/MFPs that it says will enable organizations to better connect staff to popular business platforms such as Salesforce, QuickBooks Online and Concur, supporting customer relationship management, accounting and invoicing, plus streamline additional processes with new apps for Xerox ConnectKey devices. Purchasing and implementing the apps is simple with a new e-commerce-enabled site.
The Morrell Group, a full-service automation controls design and engineering services organization, has experienced the power of ConnectKey apps. The company saved 25 percent by automating its product distribution process with the Sign Me app, built by MidAmerica Technology, a Xerox Personalized Application Builder developer. The app digitizes the document-laden process, accelerating the speed in which products get out the door.
“Sign Me is a breakthrough app that has greatly improved our business – we’ve gained efficiencies that impact our bottom line,” said David Hajciar, operations manager, Morrell Group.
According to CRN, Xerox partners can now also more easily sell and resell apps from the newly e-commerce-enabled Xerox App Gallery. Xerox’s Pete Peterson said that 400 partners have now gone through training intended to equip them for building, acquiring and selling apps on the ConnectKey platform. Roughly 70 apps are now available, and channel partners receive a share of revenue when their customers purchase apps.
New apps make work easier
The ongoing development of its ConnectKey-enabled portfolio underscores Xerox’s position as a “print technology powerhouse.” The latest enhancements are said to make labor-intense, time-consuming efforts easier and offer new twists on traditional ways of working.
- Xerox Connect App for Salesforce: access to Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system right at the multifunction printer (MFP); upload and share sales management information to client folders by scanning the documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox Audio Documents App: securely transforms hardcopy documents into audio files allowing commuters, multitaskers, or audio enthusiasts to listen on the go instead of reading.
- Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online: offers a hassle-free expense reimbursement process with multi-receipt scanning. Receipt data is extracted into an expense report and submitted with notifications sent to reviewers for timely approval. For Concur users, a similar receipt management app will be available by year’s end.
- Xerox Forms Manager App: simplifies management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing risks. With intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes, scanned forms are automatically routed to the appropriate email address.
- Xerox Quick Link App: enables a fast start to printing without IT support. This intuitive app sends an email directly from the device containing appropriate links to install, and connects computers or mobile devices with the drivers and configuration settings.
“The future of work is now with our workplace assistant serving as the orchestrator of digital transformation,” said Tracey Koziol, senior vice president, Global Offerings, Xerox. “The evolution of the ConnectKey platform delivers on our promise to advance digitization, boost productivity for our customers and open up revenue sources for channel partners.”
Making the grade with educators
With insights gained from working with thousands of education customers, Xerox responds with apps and solutions that increase productivity for teachers and students:
- Xerox Connect App for Blackboard: provides access to an industry-leading learning management system; documents are digitized and stored into their Blackboard Learn account from the MFP.
- Xerox Connect App for Remark Test Grading: simplifies grading of bubble tests with the ability to print answer sheets, scan completed sheets back in for automated grading, and email students their grades or print the results right at the device.
- Xerox Proofreader Service: checks for writing elements in the English language, such as spelling, grammar, style and plagiarism.
- Xerox and SRC Inc.’s Gateway Capture to Student Information System: streamlines digitizing student records into mandatory K-12 information systems.
Xerox is also introducing its Instant Print Kiosk, a self-serve document processing solution said to be ideal for higher education institutions. Basic printing, copying, scanning and faxing needs are managed with a user-friendly touch screen, and secure credit/debit transactions happen seamlessly right at the printer. Students benefit by scanning and/or printing reading materials and class notes through touch-screen access to the most popular cloud repositories, including Google Drive and Dropbox.
Extra Value for Channel Partners
Alongside an improved design for a better user experience, the e-commerce-enabled Xerox App Gallery provides a global marketplace for channel partners to promote and sell apps. Also, channel partners can share in the revenue when their customers purchase an app.
Xerox’s newest ConnectKey-enabled apps will be added to the Xerox App Gallery in select geographies between fourth-quarter 2018 and first-quarter 2019.
- September 2018: Xerox Touts Success of Newly Added Copier/MFP Dealers
- July 2018: New Xerox Workplace Solutions for Easier Mobile Connectivity, Enhanced Security
- June 2018: Xerox Introduces Next Generation Global Print Driver
- June 2018: Xerox Reports Channel Partners Winning More MPS Deals
- April 2018: Xerox Continuing to Add New Dealers
- March 2018: Xerox Expands Partnership with Cisco to Boost Printer and Copier/MFP Security
- March 2018: Xerox Cloud-Based Managed Print Services for Federal Government
- February 2018: Xerox Launches New MPS Essentials Suite for Channel Partners
- January 2018: Xerox Targets IT Solution Providers with Enhanced Channel Partner Program
- November 2017: Xerox CEO: A4, Apps Bringing New Opportunities for Xerox