HP Introduces FutureSmart 4 Firmware, Integration with McAfee
On October 11, HP Inc. unveiled a range of new print-related services and solutions. The security technology and enterprise expertise includes a powerful new HP FutureSmart firmware release for HP Enterprise-class printers and MFPs, Immersive Analytics Service and the integration with both McAfee Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) – an industry first for print devices.
“Empowering customers to take full control of their work environment is central to our office reinvention strategy,” said Tuan Tran, General Manager of the Office Printing Solutions business at HP. “The services and solutions unveiled today provide a step forward in seamless intelligence and industry-leading security solutions.”
The services and solutions unveiled will come available in the coming weeks.
- HP FutureSmart 4 Firmware: This new version of firmware for HP Enterprise-class printers and MFPs delivers productivity with a cleaner and more intuitive interface for users. The update features new capabilities, including Serverless Job Accounting that enables printers to record analytics without requiring a central server and empowering select print settings to be mirrored via USB to new printers – vastly speeding setup.
HP FutureSmart 4 will ship with new HP devices including the HP PageWide Color 755dn, PageWide Color MFP 774dn and dns, and PageWide Color MFP 779dn and dns. Customers that own HP devices with HP FutureSmart firmware as far back as 2012 models can be upgraded to the new HP FutureSmart 4 version.
- Microsoft SCCM integration: Strengthening HP’s industry-leading security arsenal, HP is the first print OEM offering integration with Microsoft SCCM. This integration enables IT management to use one tool to configure printer security in concert with all other SCCM-connected devices on the network.
- McAfee SIEM integration: To expand threat monitoring, HP has also achieved certified integration with the SIEM tool McAfee Enterprise Security Manager. McAfee SIEM provides actionable intelligence to prioritize, investigate and respond to potential malware attacks on HP printers.
- Immersive Analytics Service: Leveraging HP Labs’ advances in visualization and analytics, this new component of HP’s Business Intelligence Services provides customers with a more immersive view of the key driving factors in their print environment. Through this in-depth engagement, HP consultants can help customers quickly pinpoint behaviors to accelerate digitization, efficiency gains and risk reduction.
- April 2018: HP Launches New A3 PageWide MFPs with Document Finishing, Expands Printer Security, and More
- April 2018: HP Adds Independent Dealer ImageNet Consulting for HP A3 Copier/MFPs
- March 2018: A Closer Look at HP Smart Device Services for Better, Less Costly Copier Servicing
- March 2018: This Week in Imaging: A Closer Look at HP SDS and Financials; Deason Demands Xerox Board Members; More
- Jananuary 2018: HP Unveils Samsung Printers, MFPs, on HP Web Site
- September 2017: MPS Monitor SDS Now Available with Immediate Access to HP Smart Device Services