Canon imagePROGRAF TX Series Now Compatible with Several eQuorum Software Solutions
Canon U.S.A. today announced that its imagePROGRAF TX Series large-format devices are now compatible with several software solutions from eQuorum, a provider of engineering document-management systems. These solutions are designed for users in architecture, engineering and construction fields, as well as for users who deal with large-format technical documents in manufacturing, facilities-management, and utilities.
The eQuorum software solutions now available for the imagePROGRAF TX Series are:
- ImageSite, a Web browser-based document-management, distribution and collaboration solution.
- Engine-Box.com, a Cloud-based engineering document-file system for collaboration across locations and relevant parties.
- Plot Station – an enterprise print/plot management solution to control batch printing for an entire network.
With ImageSite and Engine-Box.com programs, imagePROGRAF TX Series users can:
- Organize and structure digital files including file formats such as DWF, DWG, CALS, TIFF, G4, CGM, DICOM and EPS.
- Search and find files quickly based on indexing or free-form searching.
- View CAD files without needing proprietary applications or downloading files first.
- Protect files at the project, group, user, file, and meta-data level for all functions, including downloading, deleting, printing, emailing, editing, etc.
- Share by email attachments, email links, or multi-page PDFs more securely.
- Synchronize files across multiple locations and offices.
- Receive notifications based on event triggers, through both e-mails and internal alerts, to stay abreast of the status of a project.
- Mark-up files easily and make changes quickly.
Canon says that to enable easier installation in complex server or client server environments, there are no software downloads, Java, mobile apps, or browser add-ins required, as ImageSite and Engine-Box.com are entirely HTML5-based. Solutions can be used through any Web browser and mobile access allows for off-line viewing of files. Ribbon add-ins allow users to integrate their preferred CAD program into their workflow and an intuitive Dashboard is said to provide easy management of files, searches, and completed tasks. A queuing feature allows operators to decide how to process print jobs and where to send them.
Canon notes that it recently redesigned the imagePROGRAF TX Series to feature a recently developed five-Color LUCIA TD pigment ink set, print head, and a high-precision mechanical platform for fast printing. With an option for a second roll unit and robust security features, Canon says these printers combine the productivity, usability, and document access control sought in the technical document and CAD markets including HD encryption, IPsec support, 802.1x support and enhanced password options for highly secure printing capabilities.
eQuorum is a gold member of the Canon Alliance Partner Program (CAPP) for imagePROGRAF large-format solutions, an alliance network in which Canon works closely with third-party software companies to offer innovative software solutions to imagePROGRAF customers. Through CAPP, Canon says it’s able to more easily work with industry partners to make its printing devices more flexible so that users can tailor their solution to better meet their needs.
For more information about Canon’s imagePROGRAF devices and large format solutions, visit Canon here. Learn about the Canon Alliance Partner Program (CAPP) for imagePROGRAF Large-Format Solutions by visiting Canon here.
Information on eQuorum’s document management products can be found at www.equorum.com and www.engine-box.com.
- May 2018: Carolina Wholesale to Distribute Canon imagePROGRAF Wide-Format Printers
- April 2018: Canon Named Worldwide Leader in High-Volume Inkjet Market
- March 2018: Canon imagePROGRAF Wide-Format Inkjet Color Printers Now Compatible with ColorByte ImagePrint Software
- February 2018: Canon imagePROGRAF TX Series Now Compatible with ONYX, Sepialine Software for Streamlining Large-Format Print Workflows
- September 2017: Canon Announces New Océ iQuarius High Performance Inks for its VarioPrint i-series Platform
- April 2018: Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200
- April 2017: Canon Rolls out $995 Entry-Level imagePROGRAF iPF670E Wide-Format Printer
- March 2017: Canon Rolls Out Third-Generation of varioPRINT DP Monochrome Production Printers