Xerox Announces Job Cuts at U.S. and Canadian Locations
The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reported that Xerox officials confirmed yesterday that the positions of some Xerox employees in Webster, New York, other parts of the United States, and in Canada will be eliminated.
Xerox representatives didn’t share the number of job cuts, but the positions eliminated included those in Xerox’s internal IT operations, including IT software engineers, systems engineers, program managers, and associated support, as well as finance managers.
“Every decision is a difficult one and we understand the impact on individuals,” said Xerox spokesperson Bill McKee in an emailed statement.
The cuts are part of Xerox’s initiative to optimize its operations globally, he said. A Xerox statement stated the job cuts are part of the company’s restructuring activities and its initiative to optimizing its operations globally.
The layoffs in New York State were below threshold levels required by the state labor department that require the number of job cuts be reported.
The company also stated that “Every decision is a difficult one and we understand the impact on individuals.”
- July 2018: Xerox CEO Discusses Path Forward, Fuji Xerox, and Suppliers
- July 2018: Xerox Reports Second-Quarter Results, Addresses Fuji Xerox Partnership
- July 2018: Xerox May Sell Leasing Unit
- June 2018: Xerox to End Fujiflm-Fuji Xerox Partnership, Source Products from Other Vendors
- June 2018: Judge Refuses to Lift Injunction Barring Xerox-Fujifilm Deal
- June 2018: Fujifilm Sues Xerox for $1 Billion over Failed Merger Deal
- June 2018: Fujfilm May Walk Away from Xerox Deal
- June 2018: Fujifilm Sues Xerox Over Scrapped Sale and Merger
- May 2018: Xerox Calls Off Deal with Fujfilm, Will Install New Leadership
- May 2018: Xerox Reports First-Quarter Results
- May 2018: Fujifilm to Sue Xerox over Scrapped Xerox-Fuji Xerox Merger Deal