Xerox Rolls Out New Production-Level Document Scanner
Xerox today introduced a new production-level document scanner, the DocuMate 6710 Scanner ($6,500.00 SRP), which features a scan driver that supports multiple scanners connected to the same PC. Operators can either run several scanners at the same time, or scan with one while setting up another, multiplying the number of pages scanned per hour.
The DocuMate 6710 production document scanner is designed for industries where large quantities of paper are still a reality, such as discovery documents in the legal world, incoming medical records in healthcare, and testing and student records in education. Xerox says the DocuMate 6710’s speed and paper capacity allows operators to easily and quickly scan batches, which is especially important in a situation where a customer must wait for the operator to complete the scan.
Under a trademark licensing agreement with Xerox Corporation, the DocuMate 6710 will be manufactured and marketed by Visioneer pursuant to Xerox’s quality control standards.
Scan Speeds as Advertised
According to Xerox, true production scanning speed is a combination of scanner speed, on-board image processing, the connected PC, and the software delivering the scan to its destination. The Xerox DocuMate 6710’s 100-ppm scan speed is supported by:
- Visioneer’s On-Board Acuity technology, which incorporates 15 image-enhancement algorithms in the scanner. The processor-intensive work is done before the data hits a PC.
- A true native USB 3.0 connection to speed the communication between the scanner and the PC.
- Visioneer Acuity, which detects and leverages the connected PC’s available memory and processing power to ensure the PC itself is not a bottleneck
- Duty cycle: 15,000 pages per day; maximum: 35,000 page per day.
- Simplex and duplex two-side scanning.
- Hi-speed USB 3.0 port.
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi.
- ADF Capacity: 300 sheets (20 lb. paper).
- Visioneer OneTouch Technology
- ADF maximum paper size: 12.09″ x 100″.
- ADF minimum paper size: 1.9″ x 2.75″.
- Output bit depth: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale, 1-bit black & white.
- Scan drivers: TWAIN, WIA, ISIS.
- Supported operating systems (OneTouch 4): Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7.
- Paper thickness and weight: 1.6 – 7.9 mils / 5 – 42 lbs.
- Speed at 300 dpi, black-and-white, grayscale, or color: 100 ppm/200 ipm.
- Speed at 200 dpi, black-and-white or color: 100 ppm/200 ipm.
The DocuMate 6710’s included Visioneer’s OneTouch with Acuity enables users operators to define the steps the scan goes through, from scanning, to integration with the destination. Users can define up to 90 different jobs and start them directly from the scanner’s control panel, and different jobs can run concurrently on one PC with parallel scanning. Once a scan reaches its destination, Visioneer TWAIN DriverPLUS with Acuity is said to provide precise integration with the final destination or IT application.
Walt Thinfen, president and CEO at Visioneer, commented: “The DocuMate 6710 is a smart long-term investment, especially when you consider that parallel scanning allows you to double or triple your capacity at an affordable price. Parallel scanning allows for continuous performance, and when combined with the DocuMate’s 6710 true production speed, operations managers will see significant daily productivity improvements.”
The Xerox DocuMate 6710 is immediately available for purchase online at www.xeroxscanners.com/DM6710 and from authorized resellers in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. For more information and complete specifications, visit Xerox here.
- January 2018: New Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner Helps Businesses Cross the Analog-to-Digital Divide
- August 2017: New Xerox DocuMate 6460 and 6480 Document Scanners Scan at up to 176 PPM
- September 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 3125 Features Faster Scan Speeds, Improved Solutions Compatibility
- August 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 6440 Scans up to 60 Two-Sided Color Pages per Minute
- June 2016: Xerox Integrating Dokmee Document-Capture Software into Scanners, DocuShare
- April 2016: In this Corner: New Duplexing Scanner from Xerox Weighs in at Just One Pound
- March 2016: Xerox Launches New DocuMate Program for Resellers in Europe, the Middle East
- August 2015: New Xerox DocuMate 152i Office Scanner Said to Be 40 Percent Faster than Predecessor