New Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-Speed Photo and Document Scanner
Epson America today expanded its high-speed document-scanner line with its new Wi-Fi-enabled FastFoto FF-680W High-Speed Photo and Document Scanning System (MSRP $599.99),which is primarily designed for home photo and document scanning – being billed as a fast scanner designed for preserving “priceless memories.”
Epson says the FF-680W scanner is the “world’s fastest personal photo scanner,” and can scan as fast as one photo per second at 300 dpi at up to 36 photos per batch. Building on the Epson FastFoto FF-640 scanner, the FF-680W scanner can scan various media-types and sizes, including postcards, panoramic photos up to 36″ long, and Polaroid photos. There’s also photo restoration, editing, and file-organization tools. Users can scan, restore, and organize collections of photos for sharing, archiving, and enlargements. With the Easy Auto-Upload feature, the FastFoto scanner software enables users to send images to cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive 4.
Featuring Epson ScanSmart software, the FastFoto FF-680W is also a document scanner, and features software for scanning, organizing, emailing, and storing documents. Users can also edit documents and save time with automatic file naming. There’s also built-in Nuance OmniPage Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, so that users can create searchable PDFs, plus editable Microsoft Word and Excel files.
Other features include:
- SafeTouch Technology for scanning up to 8.5″ wide, plus postcards, Polaroid photos, and panoramas.
- Second-Generation Epson FastFoto Software — scan, restore, organize, and share documents.
- Flexible Scanning — offers various modes for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1,200 dpi); handles multiple sizes in one batch.
- Epson ScanSmart Software with OCR; scan documents at up to 45 ppm/90 ipm.
- Includes both USB and WiFi wireless connectivity for flexible placement.
- Restore old photos with auto enhancement, color restoration, red-eye reduction, de-skew, crop, and rotate.
- Single-Step Technology — capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back in a single scan.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- August 2018: New Epson Document Scanners, Accounting Software
- March 2018: Epson Document Scanners Certified for Use with Digitek Solutions for Eliminating Manual Data Entry
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: New Epson DS-410 with Three-Year Warranty Billed as Affordable Business Document Scanner
- April 2017: Epson Announces Three-Year Warranty for Its Commercial Document Scanners
- April 2017: Epson Adds ‘Game-Changing’ Document Scanners, Including DS-780N with Touchscreen, Network Interface
- January 2017: New Epson Portable Document Scanners Weigh in at Less than Three Pounds
- January 2017: Epson Says New DS-320 Portable Document Scanner is Fastest in its Class