Canon and Nuance Introduce eCopy ShareScan Services for Healthcare, Legal
Canon U.S.A. announced today that, with the growing demand to digitize information and assist companies with compliance efforts in vertical markets, it’s leveraging its relationship with Nuance Communications to help organizations streamline document workflows. Targeting the healthcare and legal markets, Canon and Nuance today introduce eCopy ShareScan Services to help organizations leverage their current investments in iManage and Epic software, respectively, and connect compatible Canon solutions that support eCopy via the content connectors.
The content connectors, which only require a compatible copier/MFP that supports eCopy, service, and the eCopy software to work, allow healthcare and legal employees to use index data rather than manually name documents, and can therefore help organizations with their potential HIPAA and GDPR compliance efforts.
The solutions are said to enable users to easily find, share, collaborate, retain, and delete information quickly.
Organizations can scan and index their files from the compatible MFP and send them directly into their iManage and Epic systems to save time, scanning steps, and to potentially reduce the risk of manual errors.
Tracey Mustacchio, senior vice president of product and marketing, Nuance Document Imaging, commented: “We expanded our partnership with Canon one year ago to work together to help organizations pivot their manual, content-based workflows into automated, intelligent business processes. Our priority remains to drive worker productivity, organizational security and compliance along with overall operational and efficiency in vertical markets by helping them transform to a more digital Office of the Future.”
The eCopy ShareScan Services for Legal and eCopy ShareScan Services for Healthcare are available now through Canon authorized dealer channels.
- June 2018: Nuance Adds Signature Support, Improved Ease of Use to Power PDF 3
- May 2018: Canon is Leader in U.S. Copier/MFP Market
- April 2018: Memjet and Canon Announce Global Cross-Licensing Agreement
- March 2018: New Nuance Workflow Solutions for Healthcare Documents Workflows More Efficient, Secure
- February 2018: New Canon Desktop imageCLASS Models with Fleet Management, Cost Accounting, More
- January 2018: Nuance Communications Launches Nuance Edge for Copitrak
- January 2018: Nuance Power PDF Now Available as Subscription Service