OKI Reports Latest Financial Results
OKI Electric Industry of Tokyo, Japan, today reported results for its first fiscal quarter (April 1 to June 30, 2018), with net sales of 88.9 billion yen, versus 90.4 billion yen for the same quarter a year ago. OKI reported a loss of 1.8 billion yen, versus a loss of 4.8 billion yen for the same quarter a year ago. Net income per share was a loss of 21.09 yen versus a loss of 54.74 per share for the same quarter a year ago.
On the bright side, OKI reported that operating income for its printing business “improved significantly” due to structural reforms and favorable foreign-currency exchange rates. Printer-sales revenue was virtually the same as with the previous quarter a year ago. Sales for OKI’s printing business were 25.2 billion yen, versus 24.9 billion yen for the same quarter a year ago. Operating income for OKI’s printer business was $1.9 billion yen, versus a loss of 0.5 billion yen for the same quarter a year ago.
- May 2018: OKI Reports Results for Fiscal Year
- February 2018: Profits, Sales Down for OKI, but Some Improvement in Printer Business
- October 2017: OKI Reports Smaller Loss, but Net Sales Down
- October 2017: OKI Data Americas Moves Headquarters to Irving, Texas
- August 2017: OKI Reports Loss, Lower Sales for First Quarter
- May 2017: Difficult Fiscal Year for OKI, Cites Decline in Office Printing, Strong Yen
- February 2017: OKI Reports Loss for Nine-Month Period, Cites Yen, Decline in Demand for Office Printing
- November 2016: OKI Records Extraordinary Loss for First Half, Cuts Full-Year Forecast