Epson Says It’s Sold 30 Million Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers
Seiko Epson of Japan reported today that its cumulative global sales of high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers have reached 30 million units.
Epson first launched its high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers in October 2010 in Indonesia. By the end of March 2018, it had introduced its ink-tank printers in about 150 countries and regions, with annual growth in emerging economies fueling the greatest part of its ink-tank inkjet sales in the overall inkjet printer market. Epson says it’s continued to maintain the number one-share of the market for these products, according to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker 2018Q1, crediting its strong brand recognition in the market and its extensive lineup
For its fiscal-year 2018 (that will end in March 2019), Epson says it anticipates further acceleration in the shift from conventional ink-cartridge models to high-capacity ink-tank models, and aims to establish ink-tank models as the inkjet-printer mainstream. In both emerging and advanced economies, Epson will also continue to promote the replacement of laser printers with high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers by enhancing its lineup with products “with overwhelming cost performance and enhanced easy-of-use.” Through these efforts, Epson plans to sell 9.5 million high-capacity ink-tank products in its fiscal-year 2018 – an increase of 20 percent compared to the previous fiscal year. This is expected to account for about 55 percent of total Epson inkjet-printer sales.
Koichi Kubota, director, senior managing executive officer, and chief operating officer for Epson’s Printing Solutions Operations Division, commented: “High-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers have a low environmental footprint, have lower running costs, and allow users to print freely and with less effort compared to laser printers and ink-cartridge printers. Epson has transformed the printer business model, and will continue to provide comfortable printing environments that allow our customers around the world to demonstrate their creativity and enjoy high productivity.”
- July 2018: New Epson Factory to Triple Inkjet-Print-Head Production
- May 2018: Epson Expands A3 Workgroup Family with New WorkForce Pro WF-C8000 Series
- April 2018: Epson Number-One Inkjet Vendor in India; Opens New Vietnam Sales Office
- April 2018: New Epson WorkForce Pro ET-8700 Features Two Years’ Worth of Ink, New Compact Design
- February 2018: Epson Promotes High-Capacity Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers with ‘Start It Up!’ Campaign
- February 2018: New Epson Business Inkjets with Next-Generation Replaceable Ink Pack System
- December 2017: Epson Expands Enterprise Copier/MFP Portfolio with New A3 WorkForce Color MFP and Print-Management Offerings
- November 2017: Epson to Enter Industrial 3D-Printer Market; 200-PPM Inkjet Copier/MFP May Be on the Way
- October 2017: Epson Launches Reseller-Focused ReadyInk Ink-Replacement