Epson WorkForce Enterprise Copier/MFPs Receive Key Security Certification
Seiko Epson of Tokyo, Japan, reported today that it’s received ISO/IEC 15408 certification for compliance with IEEE Std. 2600.2-2009 for its high-speed WorkForce Enterprise line-head color inkjet copier/MFPs for large-workgroups and enterprises.
The Epson WorkForce Enterprise line-up includes the WF-C20590, WF-C20590a, WF-C17590, and WF-C17590a. These MFPs were evaluated and certified in accordance with the Japan Information Technology Security Evaluation and Certification Scheme (JISEC). Certification does not imply a guarantee that the products are completely free from vulnerability. Certification also does not imply that the products are equipped with all necessary security functions under every operational environment.
IEEE Std. 2600.2-2009
IEEE Std. 2600.2-2009 is an international standard that specifies information security criteria for MFPs. MFP security can be provided via user identification and authentication, access-control, data-overwrite, network protection, security management, self-testing, and audit logs.
ISO/IEC 15408, which is also called Common Criteria (CC), is an international standard for the independent and objective evaluation of security measures in IT products and systems to determine whether those measures are properly designed and implemented.
Epson notes that specified versions of firmware, manuals, and other components are evaluated for ISO/IEC 15408 certification. The version of the firmware in a purchased product may differ from the certified version. There may be some limitations on product functionality when using a certified version.
- May 2018: Epson Expands A3 Workgroup Family with New WorkForce Pro WF-C8000 Series
- April 2018: New Epson WorkForce Pro ET-8700 Features Two Years’ Worth of Ink, New Compact Design
- February 2018: New Epson Business Inkjets with Next-Generation Replaceable Ink Pack System
- December 2017: Epson Expands Enterprise Copier/MFP Portfolio with New A3 WorkForce Color MFP and Print-Management Offerings
- December 2017: Epson Launches Trio of Wide-Format WorkForce Business Inkjets
- October 2017: Epson Launches Advantage Partner Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- March 2017: Epson Announces 100-PPM A3 Business Inkjet Copier/MFP for BTA Channel