ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint Now Included Free with Every Panasonic Desktop Scanner
ABBYY and Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America today announced a new agreement to include document-conversion software, ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint for Panasonic, free in-the-box with the purchase of any Panasonic KV-S1015, KV-S1026, KV-S1027, or KV-S1057 desktop document scanner.
ABBYY FineReader for Microsoft Windows is a PDF-editing application with OCR (optical character recognition). It also provide tools to access and modify information locked in PDF documents and scans. The software is said to make it easy to scan paper documents using a Panasonic document scanner and convert them into searchable PDFs and editable file formats such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
The FineReader Sprint for Panasonic software eliminates the need to retype or reformat documents. Users can operate their Panasonic desktop document scanner to not only scan documents, but also improve the overall quality of images taken with mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Scanning can be performed individually and merged into one file, or captured as a batch, including documents of mixed lengths and sizes. ABBYY FineReader supports 190 different recognition languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Arabic.
Dean Tang, executive vice president for Global Accounts at ABBYY, commented: “Panasonic and ABBYY have been working together for many years with the goal of customer convenience at the core of their collaboration. Now customers can enjoy faster and better ways to work with their Panasonic scanner using FineReader technology. It’s sophisticated yet easy to use. People will be impressed with what Panasonic is providing as a value to their high-quality scanning hardware,” said Dean Tang, Executive Vice President for Global Accounts at ABBYY.”
Fred Scherman, national sales manager for Panasonic Systems Solutions Company of North America, commented: “Panasonic is known for the high-quality of its hardware and an industry-leading warranty of three years. Combined with the added value of including the ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint for Panasonic software at no additional charge in-the-box with our desktop scanners, purchasing a Panasonic scanner is not only a good hardware choice, customers also get a leading productivity software at their fingertips.”
- May 2018: New Panasonic Scanners; KV-S1037X First to Feature Wireless Connectivity
- May 2018: Panasonic Updates Status of B2B Transition, Document-Scanner Strategy, More
- February 2018: Panasonic Announces Updated KV-S1026CII Document Scanners for SMBs
- October 2017: Panasonic: Smart Document Scanning in the Digital Age: Taming the Paper Tiger
- June 2017: Panasonic Debuts High-Volume Network Scanners Equipped with Intel Corei5 Tablet
- April 2017: Panasonic Says its Document Scanners Have Virtually Zero-Failure Rate
- December 2016: Square 9 Softworks’ Document-Capture Software Now Available for Panasonic Document Scanners
- November 2016: New Panasonic Document Scanners, KV-S8127, KV-S8147, Can Scan up to 100,000 Pages per Day
- November 2016: Panasonic to Provide Scan-Optic Cloud-Based Document-Capture Services
- September 2016: New Panasonic PremierOCR for Advanced Processing of Scanned Documents
- August 2016: New A3 Flatbed Document Scanner from Panasonic
- February 2016: New Panasonic Document Scanners Scan up to 100 PPM, Bundled with ToughPad Tablets