Samsung Introduces Refillable Ink-Tank Printers in South Korea
Earlier this month, Samsung Electronics introduced the Samsung Inkjet Plus printer series for the South Korean market. Samsung says the series – which is manufactured by HP Inc. – features refillable ink tanks, which the company says enables users to print at a lower cost.
The Samsung Inkjet Plus is an All-in-One that, with its large, refillable ink tanks, is said to enable users to print 10 color pages for only 13 won ($0.01).
Samsung said the new printer is suitable for offices and schools which need to print large amounts of materials
Users can also check the remaining amount of inks visually, and the product also comes with a nozzle that prevents leaks.
In addition, Samsung said its ink can last up to 25 years when printed on general-use paper, and 75 years on photo paper.
The Samsung Inkjet Plus is priced at 219,000 won, while the model with wireless connectivity is priced at 249,000 won.
The series consists of the SL-J1560, which features:
- Print, copy, and scan.
- 17 (black)/15 (color) ppm print speed
- 4,800 dpi resolution.
- Print 6,000 black and 8,000 color prints without replacing ink; Samsung says the printer can print 1,000 ~ 3,000 pages more than other printers with the initial included ink.
There is also the Sl-J1560W, which is the same as the SL-J1560, but features Wi-Fi wireless connectivity.
The SL-J1563W features a faster print speed (19 [black]/15 [color] ppm), as well as Wi-Fi wireless connectivity.
- June 2018: HP Introduces Latest Refillable Ink-Tank Printers in India
- April 2018: New HP Refillable Ink-Tank All-in-Ones, the Smart Tank 315 and Smart Tank Wireless 415
- March 2018: Inkjet-Printer Sales Fuel Printer and Copier/MFP Growth in Central Europe and Russia
- October 2017: For First Time, Inkjet Shipments Surpass Laser in Asia-Pacific; Ink-Tank Outperforms Ink-Cartridge Models
- May 2017: HP Brings High-Capacity Ink-Tank All-in-Ones to South Africa
- February 2016: HP Jumps on Ink-Tank Bandwagon with Refillable All-in-Ones
- August 2016: Competitive Hands-On Test Report: Five All-in-One Printers with Factory-Equipped CISS (Ink Tanks)