New Xerox Workplace Solutions for Easier Mobile Connectivity, Enhanced Security
Xerox today introduced new mobile and security solutions that it says safeguard both data and devices while offering greater cost control.
The new Xerox Workplace Solutions, which are immediately available via Xerox or Xerox channel partners, include print-management and mobility offerings available via the cloud or via an on-premise server version, and are said to be Ideal for companies operating fleets of printers and copier/MFPs
Beyond enabling printing from any mobile device, Xerox Workplace Solutions provides two innovative security offerings designed to guard data and device accessibility:
- Content Security enhances security procedures and protects intellectual property by monitoring all content that is printed, copied or scanned. It’s said to provide enterprises with another layer of protection, automatically notifying content owners or administrators if sensitive information is being printed or shared, and is said to be particularly valuable for organizations that regularly handle sensitive or confidential information. Content security searches all documents copied, scanned, or printed through a licensed MFP for specific user-defined terms or text strings (such as “confidential,” “internal use only,” etc.). If a match is found, an alert — along with job details and content — will be sent to an administrator for follow-up.
- Mobile Phone Unlock provides convenience and cost savings by enabling a mobile phone to unlock and authenticate Xerox AltaLink and VersaLink printers and MFPs devices. eliminating the need for costly card readers and their proximity cards. Users are authenticated by the Xerox Print Portal app on their mobile phone and the Near Field Communication (NFC) built into the devices’ user interface. Most mobile devices can also authenticate by scanning QR codes found on Xerox devices’ user interface.
Other features in the Xerox Workplace Solutions portfolio include:
- Reporting dashboard is said to enable a better understanding of device usage and costs by aggregating network-printing statistics in one place for analysis and monitoring.
- Essential print rules enable administrators to restrict access to devices or features at the user or group level, enhancing cost-control. For example, administrators could restrict access to printers during non-working hours, or restrict color printing.
- A lower-cost printing option for converting mobile documents to a print-ready format.
- Support for the Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2 government encryption standard, a requirement in many federal offices and regulated industries.
For more information on Xerox Workplace Solutions, visit Xerox here.
- June 2018: Xerox Introduces Next Generation Global Print Driver
- June 2018: A Closer Look at Xerox’s New ‘Gabi Voice’ Voice-Command Solution for Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs
- June 2018: New Xerox Voice Command Solution for Copy, Print, Fax, Scan, Service Calls
- April 2018: Xerox Testing Finds High Levels of Carcinogen in Third-Party Toner Cartridges
- March 2018: Xerox Expands Partnership with Cisco to Boost Printer and Copier/MFP Security
- December 2017: Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs First to Receive Common Criteria Certification for Security
- November 2017: Xerox CEO: A4, Apps Bringing New Opportunities for Xerox
- August 2017: Alexa, Please Scan this Document to the Cloud: Xerox Voice Recognition for Copier/MFPs