Epson Expands Wide-Format Technical Printer Lineup
Epson America today announced two new wide-format SureColor T-Series plotters, the Epson SureColor T3170 24″ desktop printer and the SureColor T5170 36″ floor-standing printer, both of which mark Epson’s expansion of the T-Series line into the low-to-mid-range CAD (computer assisted design) printer market
The wide-format printers, both of which feature wireless connectivity, are also said to feature a compact design, and are designed for applications such as printing blueprints, line drawings, signage, and classroom posters, in segments such as architecture, engineering, CAD, GIS (geographic information systems), education, and in corporate, home and small offices.
The new printers use Epson’s new PrecisionCore MicroTFP inkjet print-head technology and enhanced Nozzle Verification Technology to automatically detect and adjust inkjet print-head nozzle conditions. Featuring Integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity, users can print from tablets and smartphones, and use the new 4.3″ LCD color touchscreen with its simple menu control and navigation. Epson says its next-generation high-capacity UltraChrome XD2 pigment inks provide durable vibrant prints with brilliant color and crisp lines.
Other features include:
- The SC-T3170 and T5170 produce A1/D-size prints in 34 and 31 seconds, respectively.
- High-capacity ink cartridges, up to 50 mL each for cyan, yellow, and magenta cartridges, and 80 mL for black.
- Integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity enable printing from tablets, smartphones, and more.
- Accommodates paper rolls up to 24″ and 36″, and sheets up to 11″ x 17″ through the Auto Sheet Feeder.
- Print at up to 2,400 dpi resolution.
- Get up and running out of the box in as quickly as 30 minutes.
The SureColor T3170 (MSRP $995) and T5170 (MSRP $2,395) will be available in September 2018 and include a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty. For more information on Epson’s wide-format line, visit Epson here.
- July 2018: New Epson Factory to Triple Inkjet-Print-Head Production
- April 2018: Epson Number-One Inkjet Vendor in India; Opens New Vietnam Sales Office
- January 2018: Epson Announces New SureColor F2100 Garment Printer, New Financing Options
- September 2017: New Epson Next-Generation SureColor F9370 Dye-Sub Inkjet Printer for Textile-, Apparel-Printing Market
- June 2017: Epson Claims ‘Record Sales’ for SurePress Label Printers
- May 2017: IDC: Epson Inkjet Overtakes HP in India’s Printer/MFP Market