Color-Logic Metallic-Effect Printing Now Available for Canon Océ Arizona Printers
Canon U.S.A.’s Canon Solutions America today announced its collaboration with Color-Logic, a provider of decorative and reflective color-communications systems. As part of the collaboration, Color-Logic has certified Canon Solutions America’s Large Format division for metallic effect printing with Océ Arizona printers.
Color-Logic develops color-communication systems and software tool sets for a variety of special-effect printing applications. Color-Logic’s decorative effects uses the existing workflows of printers and designers to produce unusual results without the use of special equipment.
Color-Logic software is also said to be the premier commercially available color-communication system for metallic substrates and metallic inks which takes into account the substrate, inks, press curves, and coatings. With only five colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and white) the Color-Logic system provides a color-communication system that creates 250 metallic colors. The metallic color system is said to be ideal for printing with the Océ Arizona Large Format Flatbed Printers that use bright white inks, and can be used for many different applications, including printing on: cartons and packaging, pouches, direct mail, POP display, signage, post cards, literature, booklets, labels, shrink sleeves, flexible packaging, business cards, calendars, and swing tags.
The Color-Logic Process Metallic Color System Software features:
- Scalable print production solution based on Adobe technologies
- Adobe PDF Print Engine with Adobe Normalizer
- RIP-and-Print on the fly while ripping multiple files simultaneously
- Adobe PDF workflows for 2, 6 or 8 print engines
- 32-bit ONYX Color Engine
- Smart 16-bit processing
Color-Logic Director of Sales and Marketing Mark Geeves said at the Canon Solutions America Itasca demonstration center: “Océ Arizona users and prospective owners can now see firsthand how the Océ Arizona printers with white ink pair with Color-Logic software. Test samples produced at the center on metallic substrate yielded eye-catching point-of-purchase materials and signage, as well as provided the perfect solution for prototyping and short-run packaging with metallic substrates. These solutions open dynamic new markets with endless application opportunities for Canon Solutions America customers.”
About Océ Arizona Flatbed Printers
Canon’s Océ Arizona flatbed printers are said to be suitable for a large variety of print applications, ranging from rigid glass panels, to raised dimensional images and braille. According to Canon, its Océ Arizona printers are known for their bright white inks that are ideal for under or overprinting, and their ability to use white as a spot color or as a flood layer. Users can choose to print multiple layers of white/color simultaneously on the flatbed, or on the Roll Media Option using one, two, or three layers of ink in total. Canon says the ability to print with white inks enhances the print effects created with Color-Logic software, producing more eye-catching point of purchase displays, signs, and packaging.
Every Océ Arizona model uses UV-curable inks and Océ VariaDot variable-sized droplet imaging technology that Canon says provide near photographic image quality. It also says that every printer is built on a true flatbed architecture to enable printing on almost any rigid media or object, and most feature an optional Roll Media Option for printing onto flexible materials as well.
For more information, visit Canon Solutions America here.
- June 2018: New Océ Software Makes it Easy to Print Two-Dimensional Wood-Grain Texture, Embossing, Braille
- May 2018: Canon U.S.A. Adds New Options for Commercial- and Production-Printing Systems
- March 2018: Canon imagePROGRAF Wide-Format Inkjet Color Printers Now Compatible with ColorByte ImagePrint Software
- September 2017: Canon Announces New Océ iQuarius High Performance Inks for its VarioPrint i-series Platform
- April 2017: Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200
- March 2017: Canon U.S.A. Announces Long-Anticipated Océ Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer for Wide-Format Printing
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer