Canon Reaches Mediation Decision with Tonet
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, today announced that the Seoul Central District Court of South Korea concluded Canon’s patent-dispute lawsuit against Tonet Inc. by mediation.
In the mediation decision, Tonet admitted to have infringed upon Canon’s Korean Patent Nos. 10-1182006 and 10-1101654. Tonet must stop selling and distributing toner-cartridges models “HP CF280X”, “HP CF280A”, “HP CE255X”, “HP CE255A”, “HP CE505X”, “HP CE505A”, “HP CF287A”, “HP CF226X”, “HP CF226A”, “HP CE255X/CRG324II”, “HP CE255A/CRG324”, “HP CE505X/CRG319II/CF280X”, “HP CE505A/CRG319/CF280”, “HP CF350A 4-pack color toner (CF350A, 351A, 352A, 353A)” and “HP CE310A 4-pack color toner (CE310A, 311A, 312A, 313A)”.
Tonet has offered and distributed those toner cartridges through its own Web site, Officeaid, and through other open-market Web sites.
Tonet has also agreed to render information and accounting about the offer and distribution of these toner cartridges, to pay damages to Canon, and to destroy any of the above mentioned products in its possession or property.
- May 2018: Canon Wins Another Patent-Infringement Consent Judgement
- May 2018: Canon Concludes U.S. Patent-Infringement Lawsuits against CLT Computers and Fairland
- May 2018: Canon Obtains New Patent-Infringement Injunction
- March 2018: U.S. ITC to Investigate Canon’s Patent-Infringement Allegations Against Third-Party Toner-Cartridge Sellers
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany