Xerox Introduces Next Generation Global Print Driver
Xerox has introduced the latest version of its universal print drive, Xerox Global Print Driver. It says the next-generation V4 version was developed to ensure a consistent and user-friendly experience for Microsoft Windows 10, as well as for other computer operating systems. It supports both PCL and PostScript Xerox and non-Xerox printers, and is said to make device management simpler for network administrators.
It also says the enhanced user experience provides printer-to-printer consistency, so that less training is required, and IT managers can add and update printers without having to re-install individual print drivers.
Global Print Driver V4 provides the following:
- Provides a common user experience with real-time feedback on consumable levels, paper-tray status, job-queue status and user print job status, all with easy navigation that is consistent from device to device.
- Eliminates the need for IT staff to manually update print drivers across the networked fleet of devices. The Global Print Driver recognizes the printer and automatically updates.
- Dynamic pre-configuration allows IT administrators to change “pushed” print-driver settings without re-installing drivers or breaking certification; It can pre-configures custom settings, such as output color, two-sided printing, and stapling, etc., ensuring company security policies are met, such as PIN-protected print jobs on all supported devices.
- Eco-friendly feature enables IT to configure a variety of paper-saving features; for instance, print job ID prints job/user information in the margin of the first page to eliminate costly and wasteful banner pages.
- Conforms to Microsoft’s Version 4 print architecture and adds functionality along with an enhanced user experience in Windows 10, especially when printing in apps from the Microsoft Store.
The new Global Print Driver V4 can be downloaded for free here.
- June 2018: A Closer Look at Xerox’s New ‘Gabi Voice’ Voice-Command Solution for Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs
- June 2018: New Xerox Voice Command Solution for Copy, Print, Fax, Scan, Service Calls
- April 2018: Xerox Testing Finds High Levels of Carcinogen in Third-Party Toner Cartridges
- March 2018: Xerox Expands Partnership with Cisco to Boost Printer and Copier/MFP Security
- December 2017: Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs First to Receive Common Criteria Certification for Security
- November 2017: Xerox CEO: A4, Apps Bringing New Opportunities for Xerox
- August 2017: Alexa, Please Scan this Document to the Cloud: Xerox Voice Recognition for Copier/MFPs