Canon Concludes Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Moreinks
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, reported that Moreinks Ltd., as well as its managing directors agreed to resolve their pending patent dispute by signing a settlement agreement.
Moreinks accepted a preliminary injunction (docket no. 4a O 76/17) issued by the District Court Düsseldorf in Germany based on the alleged infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 B1 as final and binding between the parties. With respect to the English part of EP 2 087 407 B1, notwithstanding the fact that no proceedings have been issued in England and Wales, Moreinks Ltd. has voluntarily agreed to refrain from making, offering, putting into circulation and/or importing and/or owning laser toner cartridges made up of an imaging drum unit with a certain coupling member for use in various HP Inc. and/or Canon Inc. laser printers in Great Britain. Moreinks also agreed to pay damages for past infringements on Canon patents. Further details of the settlement agreement are confidential.
- May 2018: Canon Wins Another Patent-Infringement Consent Judgement
- May 2018: Canon Concludes U.S. Patent-Infringement Lawsuits against CLT Computers and Fairland
- May 2018: Canon Obtains New Patent-Infringement Injunction
- March 2018: U.S. ITC to Investigate Canon’s Patent-Infringement Allegations Against Third-Party Toner-Cartridge Sellers
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany