Ricoh Expands Production-Inkjet Printer Family, Adds New Inks
Ricoh USA yesterday announced the newest addition to its color-inkjet production-printer portfolio, the RICOH Pro VC70000, which it says was built to accelerate the transfer of offset print volumes to digital print systems. The RICOH Pro VC70000, which is compatible with coated and un-coated stocks, will be available later this year.
The firm says the new continuous-feed platform will enable commercial printers to produce quality applications, such as high-end catalogs and magazines, traditionally expected from offset presses. It also says that Ricoh-developed inks enable up to 40-percent savings in paper costs, while also expanding media support to offset-coated papers, untreated papers, and more.
The Pro VC70000 joins the RICOH Pro VC60000, RICOH Pro VC40000, and InfoPrint 5000 in Ricoh’s inkjet portfolio. It features a new engine platform that increases drying capacity. The platform prints at speeds of up to 492 feet per minute, producing nearly 130,000 A4/letter impressions per hour. It uses Ricoh’s piezo drop-on-demand ink-jet print heads, which produce up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution on un-coated, offset-coated, inkjet treated, or inkjet-coated papers.
For more information Ricoh’s cut-sheet inkjet production-printer family, visit the firm here.
- May 2018: New 135-PPM Commercial Printer from Ricoh USA
- April 2018: New Inks for Ricoh Pro VC60000 Enable Printing on Coated Media
- February 2018: New Ricoh Pro VC60000 Inks for Printing on Coated Offset Substrates
- March 2017: Ricoh Takes a Look at Its Advances in High-Speed Inkjet Printing
- February 2017: Ricoh Expands Color-Inkjet Production-Printer Portfolio with New Pro VC40000
- August 2016: New Ricoh MP CW2201SP Inkjet Wide-Format Color Printer for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- April 2016: Ricoh is ‘Unrivaled Leader’ in U.S. High-Speed Continuous-Feed Inkjet Production-Printer Market
- June 2016: New Ricoh MH5220 Inkjet Print Head for Industrial Printing