New Ricoh Cloud Workplace Solutions for Automating Document-Intensive Tasks
Ricoh USA today announced its RICOH Cloud Workflow Solutions portfolio, a collection of cloud-based, subscription-based solutions that are designed to streamline common, document-intensive tasks, such as extracting data from and routing scanned documents to multiple destinations.
The new solutions, which are designed for small and mid-size businesses (SMBs), are said to benefit workplaces by eliminating manual steps, reducing manual data entry and improving speed and accuracy. The new solutions will be available via Ricoh and its Ricoh Family Group (RFG) dealer partners.
Cioud Workflow Solutions for Streamlining Common Business Processes
Ricoh’s new Cloud Workflow Solutions are said to feature:
- Reduction of manual data entry
- Routing of information where it’s needed
- Organization of content for efficient retrieval
- Direct scan-to-cloud accounts, including to Microsoft SharePoint accounts
- Extraction of useful data from paper
- Improved accounting processes and faster billing
- Fast deployment with no capital expenditures, onsite servers, or special software required to implement; Ricoh continuously secures and maintains solutions
- Continuous access to the latest technology without paying every year for upgrades
The new portfolio consists of three categories:
- Cloud Connectors: Predefined workflows that can be leveraged to streamline processes. Connectors extend device functionality by providing: connectivity to many cloud-based applications; zero-configuration scan-to-email; mobile printing; and enterprise-class OCR (Optical Character Recognition). Cloud Connectors, such as RICOH’s Integrated Cloud Environment packages, provide customers with connectivity to more than 20 different cloud applications.
- Cloud Workflows: Designed for customers that require unique workflows and advanced document processing, such as: multi-destination document routing; automatic file naming; folder creation for scanned documents; QR code processes for batch scanning and routing, and more. The RICOH Smart Integration Workflows are configurable workflows that Ricoh says can be built in minutes. Built in the cloud, the deployment and management of these workflows are said to be simple. They also enable flexibility, giving customers the ability to consume and build services over time, and can be billed monthly based on customers’ needs.
- Cloud Services: These are said to be sophisticated workflows and applications that can extract content from documents, integrate with cloud-based line-of-business applications and create multiple data routes to support complex requirements. They range from cloud data-extraction components to end-to-end business-process workflows. Cloud Services are said to be fully scalable and can help enterprises avoid common IT hassles and overhead costs of more traditional server-based approaches.
Reporting and Security
Cloud Workflow Solutions also include in-depth usage statistics and analytics that can help IT staff uncover and address inefficiencies, as well as provide insights into user behaviors. The solutions also include full audit logging and tracking. Security is provided via fully encrypted information transmission between any Ricoh cloud server or external cloud service, as well as required user authentication for Ricoh printers and copier/MFPs and cloud-based services.
Glenn Laverty, senior vice president of marketing of Ricoh Americas and president of Ricoh Canada, explained: “Today’s workers want to use the applications they’re familiar with, because they’re comfortable with them. But many IT departments might not be, or SMBs may simply not have the needed resources available to build out effective workflows for these varied applications. The RICOH Cloud Workflow Solutions portfolio provides tools to create connectivity and develop automation. These offerings help transform the MFP into a true hub for productivity and collaboration, and the subscription consumption model makes it affordable, scalable and streamlined so SMBs can make the most of it.”
Cloud Workflow Solutions will be available to “try before you buy.” For more information about Cloud Workflow Solutions, contact a local Ricoh Family Group dealer partner or visit Ricoh here.
Cloud Workflow Solutions Portfolio
- June 2018: What’s Next for Ricoh? Five Big Things
- April 2018: Tokunaga Appointed New President and CEO of Ricoh Americas
- May 2018: Ricoh Reports ¥135.5 Billion Loss for Fiscal Year
- May 2018: Ricoh Americas Exec Sees Opportunity in ‘Chaotic’ Printer/Copier Market
- February 2018: Seeking New Growth, Ricoh to Spend Some $1.8 Billion on Mergers and Acquisitions
- January 2018: Ricoh Launches New Under-$5,000 Desktop Garment Printer
- April 2017: Big Changes Afoot at Ricoh, Calls for Shifting Direct-Sale Customers to Dealers
- May 2017: Ricoh Transfers Nearly 900 Small and Mid-Size Direct Accounts to Local Deale