New A3 Sharp Essentials MX-M2630 Features Cloud Connectivity, Serverless Print Release, More
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America today launched the latest model in its lineup of Essentials monochrome copier/MFPs, the entry-level A3 MX-M2630, which it rates at up to 26 ppm, and which is designed for small offices and workgroups.
Sharp notes that the MX-M2630 is built on the same common engine platform as other models in Sharp’s Monochrome Essentials Series lineup. It’s said to provide high-quality output combined with many standard features and exceptional ease of use, including intuitive menu navigation said to make it easy to access features and set up jobs quickly.
Key features include Sharp’s 7″ (diagonally measured) touchscreen, which features simplified Easy Modes and on-line user guides. Available Sharp OSA modules enable integration with network applications and cloud services, for instance, providing access from the touchscreen to Microsoft OneDrive for Business, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Box, and Google Drive with optional Cloud Connect.
Other key features and specifications include:
- Copy, network print, network scan, fax, and document filing (500-GB hard disk drive)
- Sharp’s Serverless Print Release: send a print job to a Sharp MFP, then access and print it at the MFP’s touchscreen
- Enhanced security that includes up to 10-times data-overwrite protection, data-encryption, and Sharp’s End-of-Lease data erase feature
- 100-sheet reversing document feeder that scans documents at up to 80 images per minute
- Color network scanning and optional Compact PDF, the latter of which reduces file sizes of most scanned color documents, resulting in decreased network traffic and more efficient use of disk and cloud storage; scan to email, desktop, FTP sites, folders (SMB), USB, Internet fax (optional), Super G3 fax (optional)
- PCL 6 print driver; optional Adobe PostScript 3 print driver
- 1.4 GHz quad-core multitasking controller
- Supports media up to 110 lb. cover (300 gsm) and up to 12″ x 18″
- Standard 650-sheet paper capacity; maximum paper capacity with options is 6,300 sheets with options
- Supports popular mobile-connectivity technologies, including Apple AirPrint, Android, Google Cloud Print, and Sharpdesk Mobile.
Other options include Email Connect and Cloud Connect, which enable access to email and cloud services directly from the touchscreen, as well as manual stapling and staple-less stapling, and wireless connectivity.
The new MX-M2630 Essentials Series monochrome document system is available via authorized Sharp dealers. For more information and complete specifications, visit Sharp here.
- June 2018: Sharp Purchasing Toshiba’s PC Business
- April 2018: Reflecting Profitable Fiscal Year, Sharp to Pay Dividends For First Time in Six Years
- March 2018: Sharp Acquires IT-Services Provider ZLan Partners
- December 2017: This Week in Imaging: Sharp National Dealer Meeting First Impressions
- December 2017: Sharp National Dealer Meeting: Foxconn Benefits, Smart Office, Smart MFPs, Smart Meetings, and More
- November 2017: Sharp First Manufacturer To Achieve New International Security Standard for Copier/MFPs
- July 2017: New Security Enhancements, Mobile Connectivity for Sharp Color MFPs