Canon U.S.A. Announces Retirement of Kuwamura
Joe Adachi, chairman and CEO of Canon U.S.A., has announced the retirement of Toyotsugu Kuwamura from Canon U.S.A., after nearly four decades with the company.
After more than 38 years with Canon, Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager of Canon U.S.A.’s Business Imaging Solutions Group (BISG), will return to Japan in mid-July and retire from Canon Inc.
During his tenure at Canon U.S.A., Kuwamura is said to have simplified the company’s marketing structure for the first time in 20 years. He also improved communications by de-centralizing the dealer-support system, so that, through local connections Canon was able to provide faster decisions and better support to its dealers across the United States. He is also credited with increasing the value of the Canon brand with his “One Canon’’ approach.
Shinichi Yoshida will succeed Kuwamura as executive vice president/general manager of BISG, effective July 1st. Since joining Canon Inc. in 1983, Yoshida has worked at Canon Europe, Canon Virginia, Canon U.S.A., and, most recently, as executive vice president/general manager at Canon Canada.
- May 2018: Canon is Leader in U.S. Copier/MFP Market
- April 2018: Ogawa Appointed President and COO of Canon U.S.A.
- April 2018: Canon Inc. Reports First-Quarter Results
- February 2018: Canon Solutions America Announces Key Promotions and Retirements
- January 2018: Canon U.S.A. Announces New Executive Appointments