Canon Obtains Injunction Against Inkjets Toners and Cartridges
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, announced on June 6th that it has obtained a preliminary injunction, granted by the District Court Düsseldorf in Germany against Inkjets Toners and Cartridges, as well as against its directors.
The preliminary injunction is based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European patent EP 2 087 407 relating to an imaging drum unit and a process cartridge. The accused act consists in the offer and distribution of laser toner cartridges comprising an imaging drum unit via amazon.de under the ASINs (=Amazon Standard Identification Number) 6040800542, 6040800593, 6040800615, 6040800623. Those cartridges replace the cartridge models CE255X, CE505A, CF280X and CF280A compatible with HP laser printers.
The preliminary injunction granted by the District Court Düsseldorf is not yet final. Defendants have the option to file an objection against the preliminary injunction. However, as service on defendants was effected, Canon can enforce this decision.
- May 2018: Canon Wins Another Patent-Infringement Consent Judgement
- May 2018: Canon Concludes U.S. Patent-Infringement Lawsuits against CLT Computers and Fairland
- May 2018: Canon Obtains New Patent-Infringement Injunction
- March 2018: U.S. ITC to Investigate Canon’s Patent-Infringement Allegations Against Third-Party Toner-Cartridge Sellers
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company