Nuance Adds Signature Support, Improved Ease of Use to Power PDF 3
Nuance Communications today announced Power PDF 3, the newest version of the company’s Power PDF software that enables users to create, edit, sign, and share Portable Document Format (PDF) documents. New enhancements include an upgraded user experience, conversion accuracy, and document compatibility, as well as eSignature support with workflow integration, collaboration, and text editing.
New capabilities and benefits in detail include:
- Leveraging the latest advancements in Nuance’s document-conversion technology, workers are said to immediately benefit from “incredibly accurate and searchable PDFs and Microsoft Office documents with layouts stringently maintained.” This helps eliminate workers having to fix misidentified words or page formatting.
- Document compatibility: Power PDF 3 now supports the ISO PDF 2.0 standard, ensuring that Power PDF documents are compatible with the widest range of existing PDF readers and processors.
- Enhanced productivity: Power PDF 3 features real-time document collaboration, allowing multiple parties on the same network to edit PDF documents without inefficient back-and-forth processes such as email, while also eliminating document-merge conflicts.
- DocuSign secure document-workflow integration: Power PDF 3 features eSignature support from DocuSign, which enables workers to quickly sign and send documents as part of a secure workflow that can be completed directly from the PDF interface.
- Enhanced user experience: Power PDF 3 is said to improve ease of use with new tabbed document viewing, which enables workers to open multiple documents within a single window and display them as tabs; there’s also new ribbons that put advanced feature sets in front when appropriate; as well as new color skins, which allows workers to personalize their user experience.
- Simplified editing: Power PDF 3 offers new methods for intelligently recognizing blocks of text that wrap correctly when edited and assembling and organizing documents, including the ability to combine open documents into a single PDF with one button. The simplified user interface is said to reduce the need for training.
The complete family of Nuance PDF solutions is available through Nuance’s global network of reseller, retail, and e-commerce partners. Nuance Power PDF Advanced 3 is priced at $179, with volume discounts available. Power PDF Standard 3 for individuals, home offices, and small workgroups is priced at $129.
For more information, visit Nuance here.
- May 2018: Nuance Reports Second-Quarter 2018 Results
- April 2018: Nuance OmniPage Server 2 Features Integrated Document Classification, Enhanced Language Support, More
- March 2018: New Nuance Workflow Solutions for Healthcare Documents Workflows More Efficient, Secure
- March 2018: Nuance Appoints NCR President and COO Benjamin to Serve as CEO
- January 2018: Nuance Communications Launches Nuance Edge for Copitrak