Xerox announced today that it will feature Gabi Voice, a voice-command solution for its Xerox AltaLink copier/MFPs). The solution enables users to copy, scan, print, fax, and place a service call using voice commands.
Powered by IBM Watson, Gabi – which is short for Global Artificial Business Intelligence – Voice was developed by Gabi Solutions and supports Section 508c of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which governs accessibility of information technology for people of all abilities.
Gabi Voice also features key security features, including:
- Whitelisting: Only performs functions that are pre-programmed.
- Storage and encryption: All data is encrypted and no data is stored.
- Voice activation and the wake word: Only begins to listen for pre-programmed commands when user says “Gabi…”
- Frequent, auto-updates: Security patches can be proactively applied.
To use Gabi Voice, users walk up to the enabled Xerox AltaLink MFP and state “Gabi,” which enables voice commands, and then states a command, such as “Make 10 copies in color.” If the Xerox AltaLink MFP requires service, the users tells Gabi to make a service call; Gabi then gathers all pertinent information – such as the MFP’s serial number – and then sends an email message to the customer’s service provider.
Xerox first announced a voice-command solutions for its MPFs last year, but that solution used solutions from partners Vision-e Voice and the Amazon voice-recognition system Alexa. HP Inc. and Sharp Electronics have also introduced voice-command solutions (see “More Resources” below).
The Gabi voice kit includes a 5.1 volt micro USB power adapter that is UL approved, and is covered by Gabi Solutions’ warranty for one year. The kit also includes:
- 1-to-1 Gabi Smartbox: An Ethernet/USB/Bluetooth equipped micro-controller that communicates directly with the AltaLink MFP.
- Speaker: An on-premises dedicated and integrated microphone/speaker that enables users to talk to their AltaLink MFP. A USB connects the speaker directly to the Gabi Smartbox.
Xerox says that installation is simple with the Gabi Smartbox that communicates directly with the AltaLink MFP. Gabi Voice and all software as a service (SaaS) offerings of the Gabi Smartbox are said to meet security guidelines and certifications set forth by IBM Watson, including ISO 9001, ISO 1400, ISO 50001, OHSAS 1800, Privacy Shield, DAL09, PAR01, HITRUST, ISO 27018, ISO 27017, ISO 27001, SOC 1, SOC 2, FISMA, NIST, GDPR and 508(c).
For more information on Gabi Voice for Xerox MFPs, visit Xerox here.