Canon is Leader in U.S. Copier/MFP Market
Canon U.S.A. reported today that it’s the number-one market-share leader in three U.S. A3 copier/MFP market segments, according to the IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, 2017 Fourth Quarter. Canon is the only manufacturer to place in the top three in every A3 and A4 market segment in the IDC tracker.
Canon emerged as the market leader across three categories: 2017 Total A3 U.S. copier/MFP (monochrome and color), 2017 Total U.S. A3 Copier/MFP (monochrome), and 2017 Total U.S. A3 Copier/MFP (color).
Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE color and monochrome copier/MFPs feature an array of security features as standard, and also support cloud connectivity. Canon also also provides horizontal- and vertical-specific workflow solutions built around NT-ware’s uniFLOW, Nuance’s eCopy ShareScan, and Therefore solutions. Partnerships with Box and mxHero are said to further help Canon provide its end-users with workplace collaboration, while maintaining document security.
Keith Kmetz, program vice president of IDC’s Imaging, Printing & Document Solutions group, commented: “As offices look to restructure and automate their workflow processes, Canon continues to develop advanced digital imaging solutions that incorporate next-generation technologies to support the future of work. The company’s smart MFP portfolio is a testament to that.”
- April 2018: Canon Inc. Reports First-Quarter Results
- February 2018: Canon Sees 14.9 Sales Growth in the Americas
- January 2018: Canon India Expecting Printing Business to Fuel Double-Digit Growth in 2018
- January 2018: Canon CEO Reports Strong Year; Company Also Expanding into New Businesses
- January 2018: Canon Again Ranked Third in Number of U.S. Patents Obtained in 2017
- June 2017: Canon Number-One Last Year in U.S. A3 Copier/MFP Sales