New 135-PPM Commercial Printer from Ricoh USA
Ricoh USA, Inc. today unveiled new additions to its commercial and industrial-printing family, the new RICOH Pro C9200 and C9210 Graphic Arts Editions. Ricoh says the new systems will enable customers to expand into new markets with the ability to produce book jackets, six-page brochures, and other unique applications that require media of up to 470 gsm in weight.
Ricoh says that the presses can also run the longest paper lengths in the market today: 49″ long in simplex mode and 40″ long in automatic duplexing mode. This is said to enable production of more advanced applications and the ability to drive down the cost per piece. Additionally, the series supports resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi, and is said to print with a large color gamut.
The RICOH Pro C9200 series, which is built on the C9100 laser-based series, is also said to produce consistent, professional output due to its in-line sensors that automatically aid improved front-to-back registration and color calibration, without requiring advanced operator skills. The larger 17″ Smart Operation Panel is said to bring new job- and workflow-management options directly to the device, on a single screen, including the ability to monitor and manage print jobs remotely through either an EFI Color Controller or the RICOH TotalFlow Server.
The Pro C9200 series is controlled using an external Digital Front End (DFE). A range of DFE options are available, ranging from the EFI Fiery E-45 or E-85 to Ricoh’s TotalFlow Print Server R-62 which is said to provide excellent integration with various pre-press workflow solutions, including Prinergy from Kodak and Apogee from Agfa. IPDS support for AFP datastream printing environments is available as option.
Both the RICOH Pro C9200 and C9210 are ENERGY STAR certified and carry an EPEAT Silver rating.
For more information on Ricoh’s production and industrial printing solutions, visit the company here.
- April 2018: New Inks for Ricoh Pro VC60000 Enable Printing on Coated Media
- February 2018: New Ricoh Pro VC60000 Inks for Printing on Coated Offset Substrates
- March 2017: Ricoh Takes a Look at Its Advances in High-Speed Inkjet Printing
- February 2017: Ricoh Expands Color-Inkjet Production-Printer Portfolio with New Pro VC40000
- August 2016: New Ricoh MP CW2201SP Inkjet Wide-Format Color Printer for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- April 2016: Ricoh is ‘Unrivaled Leader’ in U.S. High-Speed Continuous-Feed Inkjet Production-Printer Market
- June 2016: New Ricoh MH5220 Inkjet Print Head for Industrial Printing