Canon Concludes U.S. Patent-Infringement Lawsuits against CLT Computers and Fairland
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, today announced the conclusions of two separate patent-infringement lawsuits against CLT Computers, Inc. and Fairland, LLC, involving toner cartridges sold for use in Canon and HP laser printers.
The lawsuit against CLT Computers, which does business under the names Multiwave and MWave, had been filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. To resolve the lawsuit, CLT Computers stipulated to a consent judgment and permanent injunction, which prohibits CLT Computers from making, using, selling, and offering for sale in the United States, and from importing into the United States, the toner cartridges that Canon accused of infringing U.S. Patent Nos. 9,746,826, 9,836,021, 9,841,727, 9,841,728, 9,841,729, 9,857,764, 9,857,765, 9,869,960 and 9,874,846.
The lawsuit against Fairland, which does business under the name ProPrint, had also been filed in the Central District of California. To resolve the lawsuit, Fairland stipulated to a consent judgment and permanent injunction, which prohibits Fairland from making, using, selling and offering for sale in the United States, and from importing into the United States, the toner cartridges that Canon accused of infringing U.S. Patent Nos. 9,746,826, 9,836,021, 9,841,727, 9,841,728, 9,857,765, 9,869,960 and 9,874,846.
- May 2018: Canon Obtains New Patent-Infringement Injunction
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany
- June 2017: Jury Awards Canon Nearly $4.5 Million for Toner-Bottle Patent Infringement
- June 2017: German Court Grants Canon Injunction in Printer-Supplies Patent-Infringement Dispute
- June 2017: Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents