New Panasonic Scanners; KV-S1037X First to Feature Wireless Connectivity
Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America today launched its new desktop workgroup document-scanner line, which consists of the KV-S1037X, KV-S1057C-MKII, and KV-S1027C-MKII, all of which are available via authorized Panasonic resellers. Each of these scanners comes equipped with a built-in Gigabit Ethernet network connection, USB 3.1 (Gen1), and passport and mixed-media support.
With built-in network connectivity, users can share scanned items directly with others via an FTP service, SMB folder, or via email, without using a PC. The new document scanners also feature passport scanning, as well as mixed document and embossed card-feeding capabilities, enabling users to scan documents of different sizes, thickness, and materials.
Key features include:
- Integrated networking: All three models include a high-speed Gigabit network interface, while the KV-S1037X includes 802.11 b/g/n wireless networking with enterprise-level security.
- Next-generation hardware image processing: Panasonic’s on-board image processing allows the scanners to perform core image processing functions that are normally performed at the PC side, which is said to increase efficiency by reducing the resources required by the host PC.
- Automatic previews of scanned documents, and re-scan.
- Direct network scan-to functionality: Each scanner allows the user to pre-configure commonly used tasks through the on-board Web configuration pages, allowing for PC-free scanning from the scanner’s control panel.
- Three Year Advanced Exchange Warranty: Three-year warranty, and, should service be required, users will receive a replacement unit the next business day.
New KV-S1037X Document Scanner
The KV-S1037X is the first Panasonic document scanner to feature standard 802.11 b/g/n wireless networking. It also features enterprise-level security, 50-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), and scanning rated at 30 ppm/60 ipm. For more information and complete specifications, visit Panasonic here.
New KV-S1027MK II Document Scanner
The KV-S1027MK II is rated at 45 ppm/90 ipm, and features 100-page ADF, and can handle up to 8,000 pages a day. For complete specifications, visit Panasonic here.
New KV-S1057C-MKII Document Scanner
The KV-S1057C-MKII is rated at up to 65 ppm and features a 100-page ADF. For complete specifications, visit Panasonic here.
Panasonic’s available software solutions include two solutions from partner CVision Technologies: Premier OCR (provides optical character recognition for converting scanned documents in text-editable files) and Premier Compression (compresses files up to 90 percent for more efficient file storage). Panasonic includes a complimentary trial version for compressing up to 7,500 images.
From partner Square 9, also available is Square 9 Softworks, an advanced document-capture and workflow solution for enterprise content management. It provides global capture, global convey, and global search, and both on-premise and cloud versions are available.
- May 2018: Panasonic Updates Status of B2B Transition, Document-Scanner Strategy, More
- February 2018: Panasonic Announces Updated KV-S1026CII Document Scanners for SMBs
- October 2017: Panasonic: Smart Document Scanning in the Digital Age: Taming the Paper Tiger
- June 2017: Panasonic Debuts High-Volume Network Scanners Equipped with Intel Corei5 Tablet
- April 2017: Panasonic Says its Document Scanners Have Virtually Zero-Failure Rate
- December 2016: Square 9 Softworks’ Document-Capture Software Now Available for Panasonic Document Scanners
- November 2016: New Panasonic Document Scanners, KV-S8127, KV-S8147, Can Scan up to 100,000 Pages per Day
- November 2016: Panasonic to Provide Scan-Optic Cloud-Based Document-Capture Services
- September 2016: New Panasonic PremierOCR for Advanced Processing of Scanned Documents
- August 2016: New A3 Flatbed Document Scanner from Panasonic
- February 2016: New Panasonic Document Scanners Scan up to 100 PPM, Bundled with ToughPad Tablets