New HP Latex R2000 Large-Format Printer Prints on Both Flexible and Rigid Media
Today at the FESPA Global Print Expo, HP Inc. unveiled the HP Latex R2000 Printer, which it says is the first hybrid solution for both rigid and flexible sign and display printing in one device. HP announced its new Rigid Technology at the ISA Sign Expo in March, highlighting how customers will now be able to expand their offering.
The Latex R2000 Printer also features HP Latex White Ink, and will be available next month.
Joan Pérez Pericot, general manager for HP Inc.’s Large Format Graphics Business, commented: “Anyone who tracks this industry knows today is a major milestone in printing as we unveil the HP Latex R2000 Printer. HP developed this breakthrough technology based on print service providers (PSPs) continued request for an HP Latex printer to print on both rigid and flexible materials using our water-based inks. This introduction is another step forward in how HP creates the best experiences for our customers, continually reinventing the possibilities of print.”
Applications include printing: retail and outdoor signage; window graphics; displays for events and exhibitions; decoration; and car wrapping.
- Printing at up to 88 sqm/h (947 sqf/h) with continuous loading.
- High-accuracy belt system and productive workflow with 14 automatic independent chambers.
- Flexible printing, leveraging assets from current portfolio, up to 100kg rolls.
- Redesigned HP Latex Inks to achieve a vibrant color gamut on rigid media ,while preserving media gloss and feel; prints with no odor.
- Durable and flexible water-based inks for high adhesion and scratch resistance with a new HP Latex Overcoat.
- Lower operating temperatures, which enables wide media versatility.
- Automatic maintenance, smart vacuum, and easy loading.
- Productivity enhanced with HP Smart Services.
Availability varies by region and country. For more information, visit HP here.
- March 2018: HP Expanding Wide-Format Latex Printer Family with New Latex R Series
- October 2017: HP Introduces New Textile Materials for Use with HP Latex Wide-Format Printers
- April 2017: New HP Wide-Format Latex 300 Printers Print and Cut at the Same Time
- September 2016: New HP Latex 315, 335 and 365 Wide-Format Printers, Backlit Fabric
- May 2016: HP Adds New Latex Series Large-Format Printers for Sign and Display Printing