Canon Obtains New Patent-Infringement Injunction
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, today reported that the District Court Düsseldorf in Germany has granted it a preliminary injunction against Grey Systems GmbH, as well as against its managing directors.
The preliminary injunction is based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European patent EP 2 087 407 relating to an imaging-drum unit and a toner cartridge. The preliminary injunction, which is not final and can be appealed, stops Grey Systems GmbH from offering and distributing laser toner cartridges made up of a drum unit with a certain coupling member, e.g. via the online shop www.dulin-shop.com. The infringing toner cartridges can be use to replace the OEM HP CE505X, HP CE255A, HP CE255X, and HP CF280X toner cartridges compatible with various HP laser printers.
The preliminary injunction also contains a claim for sequestration, and therefore, the infringing toner cartridges have been handed over to a bailiff until the matter is finally solved. Defendants have the option to file an objection against the preliminary injunction. However, as service on defendants was effected, Canon can enforce this decision.
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany
- June 2017: Jury Awards Canon Nearly $4.5 Million for Toner-Bottle Patent Infringement
- June 2017: German Court Grants Canon Injunction in Printer-Supplies Patent-Infringement Dispute
- June 2017: Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents