Ricoh Brings Tablet-Like Control Panel to New A4 Copier/MFPs
Ricoh USA today launched two desktop copier/MFPs that use color LED-based imaging, a toner-based technology, and a new desktop color laser printer, all of which are available through Ricoh-authorized dealers.
The two new 30-ppm A4 color MFPs, the RICOH SP C360SFNw and RICOH SP C361SFNw, feature Ricoh’s tablet-like Smart Operation Panel control panel, and provide standard copy, scan, print, and fax, along with support for mobile printing. The new entry-level color laser printer, the RICOH SP C261DNw, is rated at up to 21 ppm, supports mobile printing, and is for small businesses and workgroups.
The RICOH SP C360SFNw and C361SFNw MFPs are said to bring Ricoh’s Smart Operation Panel control panel to new markets. The 7″ Smart Operation Panel uses swipe, pinch and flick operation that is familiar to tablet and smartphone users. The panel’s settings and menu items can be rearranged and customized.
The new MFPs also feature a dedicated ID card input slot that scans both sides of an ID card at once.
The RICOH SP C361SFNw adds support for Ricoh’s optional Integrated Cloud Environment, which connects the MFP directly to popular cloud-based document-sharing services. Customers can also install additional applications and widgets directly at the control panel via the RICOH Application Site. Both MFPs are equipped with enhanced security features, including locked print, which helps ensure proprietary information is protected by requiring that users enter their passwords at the MFP’s control panel before the MFP releases print jobs for printing.
Designed to support up to 7,500-pages-per-month, both MFPs feature 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution, as well as a 1.2 GHz CPU and 2 GB of RAM, Single Pass Document Feeder (SPDF) for scan speeds up to 60 images per minute (ipm) in black-and-white and 40 ipm in color, and an optional 250- or 500-sheet paper tray.
RICOH SP C261DNw Laser Printer
The 21-ppm RICOH SP C261DNw with two-line display features mobile connectivity via Wi-Fi Direct, Near Field Communication (NFC) for tap-and-print with NFC-enabled mobile devices, and RICOH Smart Device Connector, as well as support for Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Mopria. Resolution is 2,400 x 600 dpi and monthly duty cycle is 500 to 1,500 pages per month.
All three new models are Energy-Star-certified and have an EPEAT Silver rating.
- Press Release: Ricoh’s New Business Service Empowers Organizations to Achieve Compliance with Complex Lease Accounting Rules
- Press Release: New Ricoh Service Finds and Addresses Billions of Dollars’ Worth of Hidden Costs and Operational Inefficiencies
- January 2018: New Ricoh Desktop Printers Start at $465 MRSP
- November 2017: New Entry-Level Ricoh Color Laser SP C261SFNw with Mobile Printing, Wireless Connectivity
- July 2017: Ricoh Updates Streamline NX Solution with ‘Significant Enhancements’
- June 2017: New Entry-Level Desktop Color MFP, Printer from Ricoh for Home and Satellite Offices
- June 2017: Ricoh Adds New ‘ex’ Mid-Volume A3 Color MFPs, MP C4504ex, MP C6004ex
- May 2017: Ricoh Expands its Services Portfolio with New RICOH Service Advantage
- May 2017: Ricoh’s Serverless Print Solutions Eliminate Cost, Maintenance of Multiple Print Servers
- March 2017: Ricoh Launches ‘Hybrid’ Desktop ‘A4’ MFP that Prints and Scans on 11″x17″ Media
- March 2017: New Ricoh MFPs for Healthcare with Locked Paper Tray, Wristband-Printing, More
- February 2017: Ricoh Refreshes A3 Monochrome MFP Family with Six New Models Rated at up to 60 PPM
- February 2017: Ricoh Launches High-Volume A3 Color-Laser Printers