OKI Reports Results for Fiscal Year
OKI Electric Industry of Tokyo, Japan, today posed financial results for its fiscal year that ended on March 31, 2018, with net sales down 3 percent, but ordinary income of 8.5 billion yen, versus a loss of 2.4 billion yen for the previous fiscal year. OKI issued a dividend of 30 yen per share.
In its printer business, sales were roughly as OKI expected, with sales revenue positively affected by the depreciation of the Japanese yen. Sales for the printer group were 108.9 billion yen, up 2 percent versus the previous fiscal year. Operating profit for the printer group was 2.7 billion, up 1.7 percent versus the previous fiscal year, and higher than OKI’s projection of 1.0 billion yen.
OKI’s current fiscal year will end in March 2019. The following chart, with OKI forecasting increases in net sales, operating income, and income, summarizes its forecast for the year:
- February 2018: Profits, Sales Down for OKI, but Some Improvement in Printer Business
- October 2017: OKI Reports Smaller Loss, but Net Sales Down
- October 2017: OKI Data Americas Moves Headquarters to Irving, Texas
- August 2017: OKI Reports Loss, Lower Sales for First Quarter
- May 2017: Difficult Fiscal Year for OKI, Cites Decline in Office Printing, Strong Yen
- February 2017: OKI Reports Loss for Nine-Month Period, Cites Yen, Decline in Demand for Office Printing
- November 2016: OKI Records Extraordinary Loss for First Half, Cuts Full-Year Forecast