New Epson WorkForce Pro ET-8700 Features Two Years’ Worth of Ink, New Compact Design
Epson America today added the latest addition to its line of cartridge-free color-inkjet printers and All-in-Ones, the WorkForce Pro ET-8700 EcoTank All-In-One printer ($999.99 MSRP). The WorkForce Pro ET-8700 features Epson’s innovative Replaceable Ink Pack System (RIPS) technology in a new compact form factor, with up to two years of ink included in the box – enough to print up to 16,000 black pages (based on average monthly print volumes of about 450 pages) and 11,000 color pages.
Epson notes that included ink pack yields are estimated based on the ISO/IEC 24711 test standard in Default Mode printing continuously. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently, or printing predominantly with one ink color.
The WorkForce Pro ET-8700, which is designed specifically for the small to mid-size business market, is rated at up to ISO 24 ppm in both black and color, and scans at up to 24 ppm (based on letter-sized scans at 200 dpi in black or color mode, using the USB interface). Its inkjet-printing technology is powered by Epson’s PrecisionCore inkjet-printing technology.
Epson says that, unlike previous models that incorporated side compartments to hold ink packs, the ET-8700 features a space-saving, easy-to-load system at its base, making the ET-8700 40-percent smaller than the previous generation (the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R4640).
Other key features include:
- Print, copy, scan, fax, and automatic document feeder.
- Save on ink — up to 80 percent on ink versus color laser devices with Epson’s low-cost replacement ink packs. (This savings’ comparison is based on the purchase cost of replacement Epson ink packs and the cost of enough color toner cartridges to achieve the total page yields of the ink packs using the manufacturers’ online prices and yields for the highest-capacity toner cartridges for the best-selling similarly featured color laser printers with speeds of 30 ppm or less as of August 2017).
- 250-sheet capacity, plus 80-sheet rear tray; optional 500-sheet tray.
- Automatic two-sided printing.
- 4.3″ color touchscreen.
- Ethernet connectivity plus the wireless capabilities — print from Apple iPads and iPhones, and from Android tablets and smartphones; includes Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC (Near Field Communication), the last of which is for mobile printing from NFC-enabled device.
- Users four Epson R02L DuraBright Ultra pigment ink packs – black, cyan, magenta, and yellow (CYMK). Each CYMK pack yields up to 5,000 pages. A high-capacity R02X black ink pack that yields up to 10,000 pages is also available.
- Two-year warranty.
Nils Madden, marketing director for Epson America’s Consumer Marketing group, commented: “With the new low-cost replacement ink packs integrated along the base of the ET-8700 printer, we’ve taken Epson’s traditional EcoTank design, and optimized it for high productivity. We’ve made it easier for business owners to enjoy the hassle-free two years of ink in the box with this new, easy-to-use design and ultra-fast print speeds, giving them more time to focus on what’s really important – managing their businesses.”
The WorkForce Pro ET-8700 EcoTank is now through major computer, office, and electronic retailers, and at the Epson store (www.epsonstore.com).
For more information, availability, and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- April 2018: Epson Launches Three New Sub-$200 WorkForce and Expression All-in-Ones
- December 2017: Epson Launches Trio of Wide-Format WorkForce Business Inkjets
- December 2017: Epson Expands Enterprise Copier/MFP Portfolio with New A3 WorkForce Color MFP and Print-Management Offerings
- October 2017: Epson Launches Reseller-Focused ReadyInk Ink-Replacement
- October 2017: Epson Launches Advantage Partner Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: Robust First Quarter for Epson, ‘Acclaim’ for Enterprise Inkjet MFPs
- April 2017: Epson Rolls Out Three New WorkForce Pro Business-Inkjet All-in-Ones Starting at $149.99
- March 2017: Epson Announces 100-PPM A3 Business Inkjet Copier/MFP for BTA Channel