Lexmark Focuses on Faster Print and Scan Speeds, Higher Toner Yields, and More with New A4 Models
Lexmark International today rounded out its 2018 product portfolio with new mid-range A4 monochrome printers and MFPs, the MS and MX 320, 420, 520, and 620 Series devices. In an online Webinar, Lexmark executives noted that the firm’s primary focus with the new models, which are for small and mid-size work groups, was faster print (up to 50 ppm) and faster scan speeds (up to 100 ipm); easy-access service items; tablet-like touchscreen; maximum paper-input capacities of 2,300 pages; sturdy metal frames; and higher toner yields – up to 25,000 pages.
Other features include:
- Powerful multi-core processor with up to 2 GB of standard memory simultaneously handles multiple tasks so users can send a fax while they print, for instance.
- Future Proof controller card.
- e-Task tablet-like interface features time-saving solutions such as Scan Center and Shortcut Center
- Connectivity includes standard Ethernet and Wi-Fi, and optional serial, parallel and fiber interfaces.
- New and improved printing algorithms are said to enhance fine-line resolution and overall print quality. Lexmark says that even complex files with images, charts, and small print emerge from these devices just as designed.
In total, Lexmark introduced five new black-and-white copier/MFPs and four new standalone black-and-white printers, all of which are Energy Star-certified and feature an EPEAT Silver rating for eco-friendliness. Eco-friendly features include power-save modes, Lexmark Toner Cartridge Collection Program, and other features.
Lexmark also focused on higher-yield toner yields in a more compact toner cartridge, with for instance, an entry-level model for small- and mid-size workgroups featuring a toner cartridge with a 15,000-page yield, and with the new toner cartridges featuring less toner waste.
The firm continues to focus on enhancing document scanning – regularly introducing solutions for automating document workflows – and its new product portfolio features:
- Scanning at up to 100 ppm.
- Single-pass two-sided scanning, up to 100 sheets.
- A font-outlining structure for enhancing the MFPs’ text-scanning accuracy.
- Double-sided scanning means less paper movement in the document-capture process.
- Font outlining on grays for better scanning accuracy.
Accurate data capture is provided via:
- High-quality CIS sensor
- Optional OCR software
- Optional classify and route
- Quality image compression
- Blank-page removal
Security and Mobile Connectivity
Security includes restricting printing and scanning from and to USB drives, user authentication, and more. Connectivity with smartphones and tables includes support for Google Cloud Print, Mopria Print Service, Apple AirPrint, and Microsoft Windows Mobile. There’s also the Lexmark Mobile Print App for Apple and Android mobile devices. A scan-to-mobile feature lets users scan pages on the Lexmark MFP, then view and share the scans from their mobile device.
The new models also feature standard Lexmark full-spectrum security features to help protect documents, devices, and networks from unauthorized access and are fully integrated into every product in the series. Lexmark says it responds to multi-faceted security threats with a holistic approach, providing systematic security for the device, the fleet, and across the network infrastructure, resulting in a safer, more productive environment.
Lexmark’s new A4 Monochrome MFPs for small- and mid-size workgroups, which range in price from $399 to $1,799, consist of the:
MX320 Series: 38 ppm; 2.4″ (60 mm) color display; maximum monthly duty cycle of 50,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/150-sheet paper output; toner yield up to 15,000 pages; semi-automatic document feeder (SADF)
MX420 Series: 42 ppm; 4.3″ (10.9 cm) color touchscreen; maximum monthly duty cycle of 100,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/150-sheet paper output; toner yield up to 20,000 pages; reversing automatic document feeder (RADF)
MX521de/ade: 46 ppm; 4.3″ (10.9 cm) color touchscreen; maximum monthly duty cycle of 120,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/ 150-sheet paper output; toner yield up to 25,000 pages; RADF
MX522adhe: 46 ppm; 4.3: (10.9 cm) color touchscreen and Lexmark embedded Solutions Framework (eSF) for adding business applications; maximum monthly duty cycle of 120,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/150-sheet paper output; toner yield up to 25,000 pages; duplexing automatic document feeder
MX622ade/adhe: 50 ppm; 7″ (17.8 cm) color touchscreen and Lexmark eSF; maximum monthly duty cycle of 175,000 pages; 550+100-sheet paper input/250-sheet paper output; toner yield up to 25,000 pages; DADF
Monochrome A4 printers for small and mid-size workgroups, which range in price from $199 to $999, consist of the:
MS320 Series: 38 ppm; 2-line display; maximum monthly duty cycle of 50,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/150-sheet paper output; toner yields up to 15,000 pages
MS420 Series: 42 ppm; 2-line display; maximum monthly duty cycle of 100,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/150-sheet paper output; toner yields up to 20,000 pages
MS520 Series: 46 ppm; 2.4″ (60 mm) color display; maximum monthly duty cycle of 120,000 pages; 250+100-sheet paper input/150-sheet paper output; toner yields up to 25,000 pages
MS620 Series: 50 ppm; 2.4″ color display or 4.3-in (10.9 cm) Lexmark e-Task touchscreen; maximum monthly duty cycle of 175,000 pages; 550+100-sheet paper input/250-sheet paper output; toner yields up to 25,000 pages
Options include 250- and 550-sheet paper trays, 550-sheet lockable paper tray, inline stapler finisher, 500-GB hard drive WiFi connectivity; language font cards, Lexmark MarkNet Fiber Ethernet network interface, and more.
Allen Waugerman, Lexmark senior vice president and chief technology officer, commented: “This new generation of Lexmark mid-range monochrome products brings the power and durability of a departmental printer or MFP to the desktop. The devices include powerful multi-core processors that enable speedy, convenient performance, plus the reliability and security features that customers across the globe expect from Lexmark. In addition, new productivity enhancements help organizations get more done.”
The new additions bring Lexmark’s product line to up 32 models, including both A4 and A3, color and monochrome, standalone-printer and copier/MFP.
For more information on the new models, visit Lexmark here.
- March 2018: New Lexmark Pharmacy Order Assistant Minimizes Outdated Fax Communications
- January 2018: New Lexmark MFP Kiosk for Government Provides Document-Capture, Print-on-Demand, Forms Repository
- December 2017: Lexmark’s New Patient Communication Solution Provides Color Printing, Print-on-Demand for Healthcare
- December 2017: Lexmark Introduces RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing
- November 2017: New Lexmark Advanced Output Management for Healthcare Eliminates Printer-Downtime Backups
- November 2017: Video: Lexmark’s Next-Generation A3 Printers and MFPs
- October 2017: New Lexmark Supply-Chain Document Optimization Designed for Digitizing Inefficient Paper-Based Workflows
- December 2017: Lexmark Introduces RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail