Canon Named Worldwide Leader in High-Volume Inkjet Market
Canon U.S.A.’s Canon Solutions America today reported that, for the seventh consecutive year, Canon was named as the worldwide leader in total high volume inkjet market share. The recognition was based on research provided by market-research firm Keypoint Intelligence.
According to the IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, Q4 2017, Canon also maintained its ranking as number-one in U.S. market share for both continuous-feed and sheet-fed inkjet production printers.
Canon Solutions America’s Production Print Solutions division operates as the U.S. sales channel for the Océ VarioPrint i-series, Océ ColorStream 6000, and, most recently, the Océ ProStream Series.
Diane Fischer, president of L&D Mail Masters, recently spoke about Canon’s Océ VarioPrint i300 inkjet press: “As the cost of toner-based printers continued to rise, we looked into other options and what they could help us achieve; however, once the VarioPrint i300 was introduced, we decided that it was the right technology for us, and that the time was now to embrace advancements in sheet-fed inkjet. We haven’t looked back since.”
Canon Solutions America also noted that it’s set once again sponsor the fourth annual thINK User Group Conference, which will bring together over 500 of its production-print customers in early September 2018.
The company says it’s also “poised to implement dynamic marketing strategy updates and develop enhancements to its award-winning inkjet product line.”
Canon noted that, according to industry reports, inkjet-printing technology is projected to account for over 50-percent of all digital print volume by 2024.
To learn more about how Canon Solutions America’s inkjet production printing, visit Canon here.
- April 2018: Memjet and Canon Announce Global Cross-Licensing Agreement
- January 2018: Canon Rolls Out New Family of Color Inkjet Dye- and Pigment-Ink Card and Label Printers
- January 2018: Stellar Fiscal Year for Canon; Expects 2018 Profit To Be Up 27 Percent
- September 2017: Canon Announces New Océ iQuarius High Performance Inks for its VarioPrint i-series Platform
- April 2017: Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer