Ricoh Receives Energy Star Partner of the Year Award for Third Consecutive Year
For the third consecutive year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized Ricoh with its Energy Star Partner of the Year Award. Ricoh has also won the Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award for continued leadership and superior contributions to the program.
Ricoh stated that these latest awards acknowledge Ricoh’s “hard work to foster environmental sustainability in its own operations and evangelize on behalf of sustainability to customers, Ricoh Family Group dealer partners and the larger business community. ” Ricoh’s accomplishments will be recognized by the EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on April 20.
Ricoh, an Energy Star partner for imaging equipment since its inception, will be honored for:
- Technology services in support of Energy Star – Ricoh designs and develops products with Energy Star specifications in mind, creating energy efficiency “without sacrificing business productivity.” However, if users turn off Ricoh devices’ Sleep Mode and other energy-saving settings, sustainable design’s impact is affected. To combat this, Ricoh instituted a program which focuses on collaboration and education, to introduce practical energy-saving tips that help users see the benefits of eco-mode.
- Assisting Energy Star product specification development – As part of ITI/JBMIA/JEITA industry associations, Ricoh is working in collaboration with the EPA to provide comments relative to Imaging Equipment Test Methodology for determining Energy Star-certification for future products.
- Challenged all employees to take the Energy Star pledge – Ricoh once again reached the employee population, and others via outreach to employees’ children during Bring Your Daughters/Sons to Work Day for this pledge challenge. The program included emails, posters, “plantable” bookmarks, PowerPoint presentations and a selfie station to encourage employees to take the pledge.
- Ricoh’s Global Accounts team, which serves Fortune 100 companies, and others, provide education to customers regarding energy efficiency, including information about Energy Star and a request to take the Energy Star pledge. Ricoh says it’s also significantly increased marketing promotion of Energy Star content. This includes a 450 percent year-over-year jump in public-relations and social media content and engagement, and a 250 percent increase in Energy Star-related content on its Ricoh USA, Lanier and Savin websites, and other third-party sites.
- Ricoh says it’s committed to reducing the total lifecycle CO2 emissions of the Ricoh Group from year-2000 levels by 30 percent by 2020 and by 87.5 percent by 2050. Ricoh has also joined the EPA SmartWay Transport Partnership, a collaboration between the EPA and industry to provide a framework to assess the environmental and energy efficiency of goods movement supply chain. Ricoh’s work will contribute to the Partnership’s overall savings of 144.3 million barrels of oil, $20.6 billion in fuel costs, 61.7 MMT of carbon dioxide, 1.07 million tons of nitrogen oxides and 43,000 tons of particulate matter, the equivalent of taking 13 million cars off the road. All Ricoh manufacturing and production sites worldwide are certified ISO 14001 compliant for their environmental management system. Ricoh also recently installed an on-site solar array at its West Caldwell, New Jersey, corporate facility – a 2015 and 2016 ENERGY STAR certified building – to help increase the amount of renewable energy on the grid, supplying it to their utility and helping to sustainably power the facility itself.
According to the EPA, in 2016 alone, Energy Star-certified products, homes, buildings and plants helped Americans save over $30 billion in energy costs and approximately 400 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, while achieving broad emissions reductions.
The 2018 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Awards are bestowed upon companies and other organizations demonstrating continued leadership in energy efficiency and commitment to the Energy Star program.
For a complete list of 2018 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit www.energystar.gov/awardwinners.
- April 2018: Canon U.S.A. Receives EPA’s Energy Star Partner of the Year Award
- January 2018: New Ricoh Desktop Printers Start at $465 MRSP
- January 2018: Ricoh Launches New Under-$5,000 Desktop Garment Printer
- April 2014: Ricoh Receives EPA Energy Star Award for ‘Excellence in Energy Efficiency’