Canon imagePROGRAF Wide-Format Inkjet Color Printers Now Compatible with ColorByte ImagePrint Software
While ImagePrint BLACK is exclusive to the imagePROGRAF PRO Series, the ImagePrint R.E.D. software can all be used with all printers in Canon’s imagePROGRAF lineup, including the new imagePROGRAF TX Series devices.
When used together, Canon’s imagePROGRAF printers and ImagePrint software are said to enable end-users to maximize the efficiency of their color-management printing process and “achieve exceptional output, a critical feature for those who print fine-art, photography, graphic arts, signage, and technical document displays with their large-format printer.”
The following features are included in both the ImagePrint BLACK and ImagePrint R.E.D. software:
- RIP (raster image processing) capabilities for advanced control over color, print speed, and overall quality of prints.
- Automatic color management – by default, the software selects the correct profile automatically when selecting the paper made by the printer manufacturer.
- Multi-page PDF support, including the color management of named colors.
- Image adjustment tools – smart crop, step and repeat, tiling, borders and backgrounds, black-and-white toning, and more.
- Advanced page layout and resizing tools – geared towards the proper handling of photographs, print-ready PDFs, and technical documents.
- Accurate preview shows exactly what printed pages will look like.
- Workflow automation tools include: Professional print-job management spooler; tools for making packaged prints; and ability to print directly from a variety of file types including TIFF, JPEG, PSD and PDF.
A key attraction of the new ImagePrint R.E.D. software is said to be its affordability, as ImagePrint R.E.D. is designed for those looking to make superior prints at an attractive price point without the need for the highly customized driver and profile solution offered by the original ImagePrint BLACK software. With advanced color-management controls, the same user interface, and by using the print driver that ships with the printer, ImagePrint R.E.D. is available for purchase from ColorByte at an MSRP of $599 for use with wide-format printers 24″ and larger ($399 MSRP for use with wide-format printers 17″ or smaller).
Visit here for more information.
For those customers looking for more advanced features and controls, including access to over 25,000 custom-built media profiles. Canon says ImagePrint BLACK provides an alternative to those needing the best quality with both color and black-and-white printing, on a wide range of specialty fine-art and photographic media, and not wanting the expense and complexity of building their own profiles.
ImagePrint BLACK is available for purchase from ColorByte starting at an MSRP of $1,495 for wide-format printers 24″ and larger (and $895 MSRP for use with wide-format printers of 17″in size).
Visit here for more information.
Canon’s imagePROGRAF Printers
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO Series line of large-format printers range from printers with print widths of from 17″ to 60″, and are designed to deliver output solutions for photographers and graphic artists. All devices included in Canon’s PRO Series are said to help users achieve “spectacular high-quality output and share the same core technologies, including 12-ink channels, embedded color calibration, and chroma optimizer to achieve superb color and anti-bronzing.”
Canon says that a key benefit of its PRO Series is the dedicated ink nozzles for both matte black and photo-black inks, which enable users to print on a variety of media without the need to switch between the two inks and interrupt the printing process. The printers also provide anti-clogging technology so that if a clog is detected, another nozzle automatically provides backup to prevent wasted prints. A sub-ink tank system allows for continuous prints, due to its ability to replace ink without stopping the printing operation.
ColorByte is a gold member of the Canon Alliance Partner Program (CAPP) for imagePROGRAF Large-Format Solutions, an alliance network in which Canon works closely with third-party software companies and industry leaders to offer innovative software solutions to imagePROGRAF customers.
For more information on Canon large-format printing systems, visit Canon here.
- February 2018: Canon imagePROGRAF TX Series Now Compatible with ONYX, Sepialine Software for Streamlining Large-Format Print Workflows
- September 2017: Canon Announces New Océ iQuarius High Performance Inks for its VarioPrint i-series Platform
- April 2018: Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200
- April 2017: Canon Rolls out $995 Entry-Level imagePROGRAF iPF670E Wide-Format Printer
- March 2017: Canon Rolls Out Third-Generation of varioPRINT DP Monochrome Production Printers
- March 2017: Canon U.S.A. Announces Long-Anticipated Océ Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer for Wide-Format Printing
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer
- December 2016: New Canon hdAlbum EZ Service for Producing Custom Photo Books with DreamLabo 5000 Production Photo Printer