HP’s Tiny New Laser Printers Feature Pre-Installed Toner, Mobile Printing, More
HP Inc. today announced what it’s says are the tiniest laser printers in the world – each about as tall as a No. 2 pencil – the new HP LaserJet Pro M15 and M28 series – which it touts as “the world’s smallest laser” printers in their class (monochrome laser printers under $100 and monochrome laser MFPs under $150).
Designed for micro and small business the new two printers are designed to fit “absolutely anywhere,” and will be available in April 2018. HP hasn’t released pricing yet, but has indicated that they will be it lowest-priced printers.
Smallest Form Factor
The black-and-white HP LaserJet Pro M15 standalone printer and M28Now MFP (with print, copy, and scan) are 30-percent smaller than HP’s previous generation. They’re about as tall as a standard No. 2 pencil or about as tall as the average smartphone.
The HP LaserJet Pro M15 printer’s footprint is 100.64 square inches, while the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28 MFP’s footprint is 148.2 square inches.
The LaserJet Pro M15 measures 6.3″ high x 7.5″ deep x 13.6″ wide. The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28 MFP is slightly higher.
Feature of note include:
- Print speed rated at up to 19 ppm
- Print via wireless networking and WiFi direct
- 150-sheet paper-input tray
- Pre-installed Original HP Toner cartridge.
- HP Auto-on/Auto-off technology for conserving power use
Easy Mobile Printing
The HP LaserJet Pro M15 and M28 printers both provide mobile printing, while the LaserJet Pro M28 also provides mobile scan, from smartphones and tablets. The free HP Smart App is designed to completely control the printers from a smartphone, providing simple set-up in minutes, fast scanning to the cloud, and enabling users to order supplies or print from virtually anywhere. The new models also support Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print, and are Mopria-certified for mobile printing.
Growth of Micro Businesses
HP notes that the rise of the “gig economy” is affecting how people work, and these micro businesses have limited space. For example, according to the World Economic Forum (WEF), small businesses make up 99 percent of the private sector in the United Kingdom, and there are more than 57.9 million small-business employees in the United States. Similarly, WEF reported that in China, small and micro enterprises and self-employed entrepreneurs accounted for 94.2 percent of all firms.
“The micro-business economy has never been stronger, and today’s entrepreneurs are looking for smaller design-oriented products that occupy less space, deliver excellent print quality and make it easy to print from a smartphone,” commented Premal Kazi, Head of Home Business Printing at HP Inc. “We designed our new LaserJet Pro line with ease of use, size and mobility in mind, so that they can focus on running their business, whether in a home office, shared working space or on the go.”
- February 2018: ‘Print My Calendar:’ HP Introduces Voice-Activated Printing
- December 2017: HP Rolls Out Free Ink with New Free Printing Plan
- August 2017: New HP Desktop OfficeJet Pro 7720/7730 with 11″x17″ Printing, Smart App for Mobile Printing and More
- May 2017: New HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 Series ‘Highest-End A4s’ with Highest Level of Security, FutureSmart 4, More
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market