Canon Gets Patent-Infringement Preliminary Injunction Against Biggest Discount
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, is continuing its campaign defending patent infringement of its toner cartridges and imaging drums used in HP Inc. laser printers, with the firm announcing today that it’s obtained a preliminary injunction, which inter alia contains injunctive relief, by the District Court Düsseldorf against Biggest Discount Ltd. as well as against its managing directors.
The preliminary injunction is based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European patent EP 2 087 407 relating to a drum unit and a process cartridge. The accused act consists in the offer and distribution of laser toner cartridges made up of an imaging drum unit via amazon.de under the ASINs (=Amazon Standard Identification Number) B00532ADSO and B002KNJKGA. These cartridges replace the cartridges CE505X and CE505A compatible with certain HP laser printers.
The preliminary injunction granted by the District Court Düsseldorf is not yet final. Defendants have the option to file an objection against the preliminary injunction. However, as service on Defendants was effected, Canon can enforce this decision.
- March 2018: HP Speaks Out on Canon’s Massive U.S. Patent-Infringement Campaign
- March 2018: Canon Brings Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Battle to South Korea
- March 2018: Canon Launches Massive Legal Offensive Against 49 U.S. Clone Toner-Cartridge Sellers
- February 2018: Canon Wins Injunction against Kostland Toner Cartridges
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany