Xerox Cloud-Based Managed Print Services for Federal Government
Last month, Xerox reported that U.S. federal government agencies will can soon be able hire Xerox knowing its Managed Print Services (MPS) solutions have been pre-vetted and approved for use in federal agencies, with the firm reporting that it had achieved in-process status for the U.S. government’s Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP). This is the last step before full FedRAMP authorization.
The firm states that it’s the only cloud-based managed print services (MPS) provider that has achieved in-process status for FedRAMP for its MPS offerings. The designation indicates to decision makers at federal agencies that Xerox MPS solutions “can improve the security of their information, cut printing costs and improve transparency.”
As a result, Xerox has developed cloud-based Xerox Managed Print Services for the U.S. Federal Government. The solution includes:
- Xerox proprietary software.
- Hardware, such as Xerox copier/MFPs and other scanners.
- Professional services for consulting, development, installation, and configuration, and training.
- Support services for software, and additional consulting and workflow development.
MPS Helps Federal Agencies Reduce Costs, Streamline Workflows, Protect Data
Xerox notes that many federal government agencies close budget gaps with spending cuts. However, it says federal agencies can “save millions” by looking in an unexpected place – document management.
The federal government spends approximately $1.4 billion annually on printing costs for its knowledge workers. About $440 million of those costs are estimated to be unnecessary.
The firm says its Managed Print Services for U.S. Federal Government can help agencies in four ways:
- Executive Order 13589 to reduce waste and cut cost by 20 percent. An area of focus is unnecessary printing.
- Executive Orders 13432 and 13514 for reducing printing paper use.
- Enable power management, duplex printing, and other energy-efficient or environmentally preferable features on all eligible agency electronic products.
- Increased focus on security and internal threats.
The firm notes that with its Managed Print Services, it’s the only MPS vendor with a FedRAMP-authorized solution, stating “we are uniquely positioned to help federal agencies unlock hidden costs, free themselves from security risks, liberate their workflows and bridge their physical and digital worlds.”
- March 2018: Xerox Wins Five-Year Copier/MFP and MPS Contract with U.S. Air Force
- February 2018: U.S. Government Prioritizes Xerox for Cloud-Based Managed Print Services
- February 2018: Xerox Launches New MPS Essentials Suite for Channel Partners
- January 2018: Xerox Targets IT Solution Providers with Enhanced Channel Partner Program
- December 2017: Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs First to Receive Common Criteria Certification for Security
- July 2017: New Xerox MPS Accreditation Program Designed to Help Partners Grow Recurring Revenue Streams
- October 2016: Xerox Wins 10-Year, $110 Million MPS Contract with U.S. Department of Agriculture