Kyocera Rounds Out High End of Line with 90-PPM TASKalfa 9002i
On March 6th, KYOCERA Document Solutions America launched its new A3 (11″ x 17″) TASKalfa 9002i monochrome copier/MFP, rounding out the top end of its copier/MFP document-imaging devices portfolio.
The TASKalfa 9002i is available through authorized Kyocera dealers at the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $32,783.
With print speed of up to 90 PPM, the firm says the TASKalfa 9002i is” perfectly suited to schools, law firms, and busy CRDs with high-volume document imaging needs.”
The TASKalfa 9002i scans at up to 220 images per minute, and features KYOCERA Fleet Service (KFS), Kyocera’s remote copier/MFP monitoring system, which is said to provide a window into almost every aspect of a customer’s Kyocera device, from toner levels, to detailed analytics reports. With KFS, Kyocera dealers can perform many services right from the dealership, including firmware updates, error-code resets, real-time diagnostics, and more.
The TASKalfa 9002i comes KFS-ready, requiring just a few simple steps to activate this feature that Kyocera says will virtually eliminate downtime due to unforeseen maintenance calls, un-monitored supplies, or back-ordered parts.
The TASKalfa 9002i is also said to feature an ecological design based on its long-life consumables and low TEC (Total Energy Consumption) values. Customers can also add various plug-and-play Kyocera HyPAS business applications for additional security, collaboration, etc.
Mobile print and scan from mobile devices such as smartphones is available via KYOCERA Mobile Print, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and the Mopria print service.
Connectivity includes standard Wireless connectivity, Wi-Fi Direct, and Near Field Communication (NFC) for tap-and-print with NFC-enabled Android mobile devices.
Other features include:
- Print, scan, copy, optional fax.
- 450,000-page maximum monthly volume.
- Ethernet network interface, USB ports, wireless LAN (standard).
- 270-sheet dual-scan automatic document feeder.
- Standard Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software for converting scanned documents into editable text documents.
- Optional document finishers for stapling, hole-punching, booklet, and tri-folding, and paper capacity up to 7,650 sheets.
- Resolution rated at 1,200 x 1,200 true dpi.
- Standard 270-sheet Dual Scan Document Processor with scan speeds of up to 220 images per minute in color.
- Standard 4,150-sheet paper capacity, upgradable to 7,650 sheets; multiple optional paper trays can handle paper sizes up to 12″ x 18″ with full-bleed printing.
- Easy-to-navigate, tiltable 9″ color touchscreen.
- Security includes user authentication (limit access by requiring a registered login name and password; private print (temporarily save print jobs in the Document Box [device memory], and release them for printing by entering a user-defined PIN); PDF encryption (restrict access for displaying, printing, and editing PDFs by assigning a secure password); and optional data security kit (provides enhanced security via content overwrite and data encryption).
- Black toner yield: approximately 70,000 pages.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Kyocera here.
- August 2017: New Kyocera Net Manager Fleet-Management Solution
- August 2017: Kyocera Releases SecureAudit for Copier/MFP Security
- August 2017: Kyocera Acquires OnBase Reseller DataBank
- June 2017: New 60-PPM Kyocera Ecosys P8060cdn with Tablet-Like Touchscreen, Mobile Printing, HyPAS
- April 2017: Beyond the Document at Kyocera Conference; Announces Expanded DataBank Partnership, New IT Services
- March 2017: Kyocera Launches New, Faster A4 Desktop Printers Rated at up to 64 PPM
- January 2017: Kyocera Launches DMConnect Pro Document Capture-and-Distribution App