Xerox Wins Five-Year Copier/MFP and MPS Contract with U.S. Air Force
Xerox reported today that the United States Air Force has awarded Xerox a five-year contract for supplying copier/MFPs and managed print services (MPS). The firm says that, under the contract, Xerox will optimize all aspects of the U.S. Air Force’s document environment – including print, scan and fax – as well as provide a help desk and management of servers, providing transparency, security and cost efficiency for the military branch’s document management
Over the next year, Xerox will replace all Air Force devices with Xerox copier/MFPs and take over management of the fleet. Over the course of the following four years, Xerox will decrease the number of government-owned devices by up to 2,000 units, effectively saving the government more than 20 percent in costs.
Historically, each Air Force squadron was responsible for making its own print decisions, which didn’t allow for efficiencies of centralized management.
Xerox will provide a staff of on-site Xerox personnel to be located between the U.S. Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews, and Joint Base Anacostia-Boiling. Support staff will manage the help desk, print infrastructure, and device maintenance.
Ted Dezvane, senior vice president of Xerox Managed Document Services, commented: “The men and women of the Air Force shouldn’t have to divert their attention from defending our country to focus on document management – we can do that for them. By outsourcing all aspects of its document environment, the Air Force will gain greater visibility and control of processes and costs, while saving money and improving document security.”
- February 2018: U.S. Government Prioritizes Xerox for Cloud-Based Managed Print Services
- February 2018: Xerox Launches New MPS Essentials Suite for Channel Partners
- December 2017: Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs First to Receive Common Criteria Certification for Security
- November 2017: Xerox CEO: A4, Apps Bringing New Opportunities for Xerox
- July 2017: Xerox Maintains Leadership Position in Worldwide Managed Print Services Market