New Riso ComColor FW5000 Said to Provide Full-Color Printing at 2.5 Cents per Page
RISO, Inc. of Burlington, Massachusetts today launched its new ComColor FW5000 business inkjet printer/copier/MFP which features full-color output at a fixed letter-size cost per page (CPS) of 2.5 cents per page (including ink and service agreement).
Riso bills the FW5000 as a low-cost, production color printer that prints at up to 90 ppm in color, with duplexing at up 45 ppm. The printer is designed to serve the requirements of the “Business Inkjet” market segment, and is available through authorized Riso resellers.
ComColor inkjet printers use RISO’s patented FORCEJET inkjet-printing technology, found exclusively in the RISO inkjet product line. The firm says that this heatless imaging system requires no fusing during the printing process, along with a straight paper path that enables peak printing without electrostatic build up. Its cold, flat, and dry output is said to greatly improves up-time and reduces maintenance costs.
The ComColor FW5000’s key specifications include:
- Print and scan on up to 8.5″x14″
- Optional one-pass duplexing document scanner
- Two 500-sheet paper trays; 1,000-sheet paper tray
- Uses Ricoh’s FORCEJET oil-based inks (cyan, yellow, magenta, black [CYMK]) that are said to be fade- and water-resistant, and resist paper curling
- Two optional document finishers, and optional folder unit
- Ethernet network interface
- Optional user authentication
For more information and complete specifications on the ComColor FW5000, visit Riso here.
- February 2017: RISO Launches 160-PPM ‘Professional Inkjet’ Printers, the ComColor GD Serie
- September 2016: RISO to Preview the ‘World’s Fastest Cut-Sheet Inkjet Printer,’ the ComColor GD Series
- June 2016: RISO to Enter Business-Inkjet Market with New 120-PPM ComColor FW MFPs
- January 2015: Riso Launches ‘World’s Fastest Digital Duplicator,’ the SE9480, Which Prints at 185 PPM
- December 2014: New RISO ME9450 Uses Two Color Cylinders Simultaneously to Print at up to 150 PPM