This Week in Imaging: A Closer Look at HP SDS and Financials; Deason Demands Xerox Board Members; More
Last week, we focused on the continuing battle between Xerox leadership and two activist investors, Carl Icahn and Darwin Deason, and their efforts to sway the hearts and minds of Xerox shareholders to vote for/or against a proposed merger of Xerox with Fuji Xerox.
This week’s news and analysis focuses on a deeper dive into HP Inc.’s first-quarter financial results and where HP leadership is taking the company, as well as a deeper look into how HP is looking to take a bigger bite out of the A3 copier/MFP. One of those strategies includes HP’s Smart Device Services (SDS). In a nutshell, as we know, copier/MFPs have lots of moving parts that must be periodically replaced. One of dealers’ biggest headaches is not only dissatisfied customers when copiers go down, but the cost and time involved with sending out service techs to diagnose and fix machines. Service techs can typically spend a day or more traveling to the customers’ site, diagnosing the problem, returning to the dealership to get parts, and then going back to install the new parts. SDS aims to minimize all of that. Please see our story A Closer Look at HP Smart Device Services for Better, Less Costly Copier Servicing for a deeper look at it all.
Also stay tuned for pending patent-infringement news from Canon Inc., which appears to be taking an aggressive stand against Ninestar and others for alleged toner-cartridge patent infringement.
- Looking for Bigger Bite of A3 Copier/MFP Market, HP Aims for 12 Percent Share by 2021
- A Closer Look at HP Smart Device Services for Better, Less Costly Copier Servicing
- Seeking to Derail Xerox Merger, Deason Demands to Nominate New Directors to Xerox Board
- Epson Promotes High-Capacity Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers with ‘Start It Up!’ Campaign
- Samsung: How to Take the Rage out of Printing
- Printer Shipments Down in Major India Cities, but Inkjet Leads with 52.2 Percent Share
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX Series Now Compatible with ONYX, Sepialine Software for Streamlining Large-Format Print Workflows
- Panasonic Announces Updated KV-S1026CII Document Scanners for SMBs
- Canon Wins Injunction against Kostland Toner Cartridges
- Sharp Rolls Out First Stand-Alone Digital-Signage Displays
- New Ricoh Pro VC60000 Inks for Printing on Coated Offset Substrates