New Ricoh Pro VC60000 Inks for Printing on Coated Offset Substrates
London-based Ricoh Europe today reported another step to becoming “the most innovative inkjet-printing company in the world” with new ink technology for commercial and production printing for Ricoh’s current and future commercial inkjet-printer platforms.
The firm says it will shortly bring this new ink to market as an additional option for current and future customers of the Ricoh Pro VC60000 continuous-feed inkjet printing platform. Ricoh USA introduced the Pro VC60000 in February 2017 – see our story here.
The firm says its clients will benefit immediately and in the future with Ricoh’s decades of experience in developing inkjet print-head technology, waveforms, and ink chemistry. By using these new inks, it says clients will immediately see the following key advantages:
- The new inks are designed for printing directly on traditional offset coated substrates, without primers. As a result, Ricoh says the production-printing system is more flexible and economical, while at the same time being less complicated.
- By enabling the latest in pigment-ink innovations, Ricoh says clients can continue to expect “excellent durability, ink water fastness, and print-head reliability.
- An improved colour gamut will increase the different types of applications that can be supported, due to the new inks enabling customers to print more vivid colors and richer black output.
- The printing speed on coated substrates will increase to support higher production print volumes (including offset-to-digital page migration), and decrease time to market for applications and promotions.
Eef de Ridder, director of Ricoh Europe’s Commercial & Industrial Printing Group, commented: “Our clients have been very successful leveraging Ricoh’s production inkjet solutions in their businesses. They have also continued to partner with us in developing new technology that will enhance the solutions they have invested in, and offer them clear growth paths for the future.
“The future of Ricoh’s business, and that of our clients’, is entwined in a shared opportunity to understand market requirements and the solutions required for business growth. Ricoh’s new inks are an excellent example of innovation addressing real-world business opportunities through improved color, faster production speeds, and enabling the use of common paper types in the commercial print space.”
For more information on the Ricoh Pro VC60000, visit Ricoh here.
- March 2017: Ricoh Takes a Look at Its Advances in High-Speed Inkjet Printing
- February 2017: Ricoh Expands Color-Inkjet Production-Printer Portfolio with New Pro VC40000
- August 2016: New Ricoh MP CW2201SP Inkjet Wide-Format Color Printer for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- April 2016: Ricoh is ‘Unrivaled Leader’ in U.S. High-Speed Continuous-Feed Inkjet Production-Printer Market
- June 2016: New Ricoh MH5220 Inkjet Print Head for Industrial Printing