Canon Wins Injunction against Kostland Toner Cartridges
Canon Inc.of Tokyo, Japan, reported today that it’s concluded its patent-infringement dispute with Kostland Inc. in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. The suit involved Kostland toner cartridges sold for use with various HP Inc. laser printers.
In late 2017, Canon sued Kostland for infringement of Canon’s U.S. Patent No. 9,581,958 B2, based on Kostland’s sales of infringing toner cartridges under the name “4Benefit,” including sales made through Amazon.com.
As a result of the lawsuit, the Central District of California court entered a Stipulation, Consent Judgment, and Permanent Injunction prohibiting Kostland from making, using, selling and offering for sale in the United States, and from importing into the United States, the toner cartridges that Canon accused of infringement, including toner cartridges having the AC-HF360AK, AC-HF361AC, AC-HF362AY and AC-HF363AM product designations.
- February 2018: Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Kostland
- January 2018: Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany
- June 2017: Jury Awards Canon Nearly $4.5 Million for Toner-Bottle Patent Infringement
- June 2017: German Court Grants Canon Injunction in Printer-Supplies Patent-Infringement Dispute
- June 2017: Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents