New ‘HD’ HP Indigo 12000 Press with Double Resolution, New Vivid Inks for High-End Photo and Commercial Printing
On February 20th, HP Inc. launched its “high-definition” digital press for commercial and production, the HP Indigo 12000, which features a new HP Indigo color gamut, called ColorUP!, and new Vivid Pink and Green, Fluorescent Yellow, Green, and Orange ElectroInks. A new HP PrintOS app also enables print-service providers to simplify and automate their production printing.
HP says the new Indigo 12000 is the next step in the evolution of HP’s Series 4 large-format press platform, with more than 700 units installed worldwide.
The High Definition Imaging System for the B2-size HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press is said to double image resolution, delivering sharper, smoother, finer print, and enabling print service providers (PSPs) to surpass offset print quality and open up new digital possibilities in high-end commercial and photo applications. The press uses an all-new High Definition Imaging System, using 48 parallel laser beams and high screen sets up to 290 LPI (lines per inch).
Alon Bar-Shany, general manager for HP Inc.’s HP Indigo group, commented: “HP print service providers are experiencing unprecedented growth and momentum as print buyers, agencies, and brands are looking for ways to connect the online world with the physical world. HP’s digital print technologies are blending these realities, providing amazing new application opportunities, alongside higher productivity.”
Following successful beta testing at ORWO and CEWE in Germany and Italy’s New Print, HP Indigo is now beginning commercial shipment of the press.
- Print speed: 3450 sheets per hour 4/0; 4600 sheets per hour in EPM
- Print quality color (best): Image resolution: 812 dpi at 8 bit, writing system addressability: 812 dpi (virtual 2438 x 2438 dpi)
- Colors supported standard: Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black; HP IndiChrome Plus 7-color printing (adding orange, violet and green)
- Print speed four color: 1725 sheets per hour 4/4
- Print speed one color: 4600 sheets per hour 1/1 (monochrome)
- Screening technology: 175, 180, 180m, 190EPM, HMF200 lpi
New Innovations for New Digital-Printing Applications
HP announced that the HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press now features a document-finishing solution for cost-effective printing of offset jobs.
The firm also announced new color gamut technology and new inks:
- ColorUP! is said to provide an extended color gamut using color profiles to expand the on-press color gamut using additional hits of CMY (cyan, magenta, yellow) inks.
- HP Indigo ElectroInk Vivid Pink and HP Indigo ElectroInk Vivid Green, a new set of brighter inks for high-end photo applications, including wedding photography, allow printers to print more vibrant pink, green, and blue shades.
- New HP Indigo ElectroInk Fluorescent Green, Yellow and Orange, in addition to the previously available Fluorescent Pink. The inks are already in use by PSPs to produce commercial applications.
- Apps running on the PrintOS platform are said to bring cloud-based advantages to enable PSPs to automate production, optimize their presses, and grow.
New HP PrintOS apps available include:
- An optional OEE app for efficient and automatic measurement of Overall Equipment Effectiveness, providing value-based on-press data e.
- Color Beat, enabling color tracking and reporting to ensure color standards are reliably and consistently achieved.
- A new version of HP Site Flow enables customers to fulfill hundreds or thousands of online print orders per day. With fast and easy startup, and instant scalability, HP says PSPs will be able to take on new business, and handle tight deadlines, while increasing productivity from order to delivery.
For more information and complete specifications on the new HP Indigo 12000, visit HP here.
- February 2018: HP Rolls Out ‘World’s Most Advanced’ Label, Package Printer, Indigo 6900 Digital Press
- September 2017: HP Rolls Out ‘Breakthrough Print Resolution’ with HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press
- August 2017: HP to Install Additional HP Indigo Digital Presses for Shutterfly
- June 2016: Shutterfly Leasing 25 HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses