U.S. Government Prioritizes Xerox for Cloud-Based Managed Print Services
Xerox reported today that U.S. federal government agencies can soon hire Xerox knowing its Managed Print Services (MPS) solutions have been carefully pre-vetted and approved. The firm reports that it’s achieved in-process status for the U.S. government’s Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP). This process signals that Xerox is FedRAMP ready and has been prioritized by the Joint Advisory Board, the last step before full FedRAMP authorization. The move by the government is said to reinforce Xerox’s leadership in cloud-based MPS security and workflow automation.
The FedRAMP program standardizes security assessment, authorization, and monitoring for cloud products and services government-wide. Cloud service providers authorized through FedRAMP are included on a centralized list accessible by all federal agencies. By using a cloud service provider from the list, federal agencies can eliminate the time-consuming, research-intensive process of vetting MPS products for purchase such as automatic supplies replenishment, print awareness and productivity, and fleet management of multi-vendor printers and copier/MFPs.
Ted Dezvane, senior vice president of Xerox Managed Document Services, commented: “Xerox has its roots in the cloud. Our MPS toolset was established in the cloud and features plug-and-play connectivity with go to market and delivery partners globally. And now, we are in the process of making a key addition to our cloud capabilities – Xerox MPS for U.S. Federal Government.”
- February 2018: Xerox Launches New MPS Essentials Suite for Channel Partners
- January 2018: Xerox Targets IT Solution Providers with Enhanced Channel Partner Program
- December 2017: Xerox AltaLink Copier/MFPs First to Receive Common Criteria Certification for Security
- July 2017: New Xerox MPS Accreditation Program Designed to Help Partners Grow Recurring Revenue Streams
- October 2016: Xerox Wins 10-Year, $110 Million MPS Contract with U.S. Department of Agriculture