New Rugged Epson FX-890II Dot-Matrix Printers Designed to Handle Toughest Environments
On February 15th, Epson America expanded its family of dot-matrix impact printers with the Wider-Format FX-2190II printers, designed for businesses and harsh environments that need fast, reliable multi-part printing or continuous printing in a 9-pin configuration. As impact printers, the new printers use ribbon cartridges, not ink or toner.
As with the recently announced Epson FX-890II, Epson says the FX-2190II series impact printers deliver fast print speeds and can stand up to dusty, humid, and high-temperature environments. The FX-2190II also features a large-capacity ribbon cartridge ($26.99) that prints up to 12 million characters (draft mode), all in a 9-pin impact printer.
Epson also says that the FX-2190II impact printers feature a long life cycle, three-year limited warranty, and print speeds of up to 738 characters per second (cps) in Ultra Speed Draft Mode at 12 cpi. The printers include Epson ESC/P, IBM PPDS, and MICROLINE printer languages.
The printers can print on cut-sheet, continuous, or multipart forms up to 7 pages thick. Key features include:
- Long life cycle; durable design with very few moving parts; withstands dust, humidity and extreme temperatures.
- Advanced paper handling ― simple paper path for reliability; accommodates cut-sheet paper and continuous or multi-part forms up to 7 pages thick.
- Easy setup and operation ― user-friendly control panel with intuitive setup and configuration features.
- Low power consumption ― ENERGY STAR V2.0 compliant.
Print Speed (Ultra Speed Draft Mode at 12 cpi):
- Ultra Speed Draft: 738 cps (12 cpi), 615 CPS (10 cpi)
- High Speed Draft: 612 CPS (10 cpi)
- Draft: 463 CPS (10 cpi)
- Letter Quality: 115 CPS (10 cpi)
- Single Sheet: 3.9″ to 16.5″
- Continuous: 4.0″ to 16.0″
- Cut-sheet Feeder: 7.2″ to 16.5″
- Single Sheet: 3.9″ to 14.3″
- Continuous: 4.0″ to 22.0″
- Cut-sheet Feeder: 10.1″ to 14.0″
- Standard: Bidirectional Parallel (IEEE 1284 Nibble Mode supported)
- USB 2.0 Optional (Factory configuration only): Serial Interface Board (FX-2190II NT only)
- Network 10/100Base-TX Interface Board (FX-2190II NT only)
The Epson FX-2190II Impact Printer Series is currently available through authorized Epson resellers and sales channels. The FX-2190II has a manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) of $504, while the FX-2190II NT with Ethernet network interface has an MSRP of $778. For more information and complete specifications on the FX-2190II, visit Epson here, and here for the FX-2190II NT.